RAZR ICS Question?

slbe1892

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't the RAZR the advertised as the first phone upgradeable to Ice Cream Sandwich?

If so then why does it seem it will be the last one to get it. Did they not start "evaluating and planning" it as soon as they made the phone. Am I wrong?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Really another ICS thread? The Nexus was the phone advertised to have ICS which it was shipped was and was quite frankly crappy. You making this thread and complaining is not going to make it come out any faster. People needs to understand and be patient with update releases. You don't want them to just throw an untested update put there and have alot of problems. If you have to have it, there is a leaked version so go root and flash.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think its ever been stated that the RAZR would be the first phone upgradable to ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
We should be a little more polite to people who may not have been following the other posts and might not know whats going on especially when people post that ICS was to be released yesterday. It confuses people when people post about releases and they dont happen.::)

slbe1892

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I knew good and well it wasn't happening yesterday. Just asking if I was right that it was the first phone upgradeable to ICS. You would just think the first phone upgradeable would be the first to get it as an OTA. That's why many people would buy it.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
We should be a little more polite to people who may not have been following the other posts and might not know whats going on especially when people post that ICS was to be released yesterday. It confuses people when people post about releases and they dont happen.::)

That's what the search button is for. So people don't post quadrupled topics.

slbe1892

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think its ever been stated that the RAZR would be the first phone upgradable to ICS.

I don't mean that "would" be. I'm saying first GB phone advertised as being upgradeable to ICS.

And as for the two gents I've bothered by posting a repeat post. I believe I put in the subject what it was regarding. So why'd you click on it? Since you're so busy trolling the message boards that you don't have time to be slowed down by a repeat post.

kombatkarl

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Before released Verizon or Motorolla was saying it would get ICS about 6 weeks after launch. They either lied or made very poor error in judging how long it would take.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
That's what the search button is for. So people don't post quadrupled topics.

But what I was trying to say not all people know how to work the forums and no matter what we should be polite and try to help. I have posted a couple of questions on how to do something and they are way down on list now with no reply's or help.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Motorola to Share Droid RAZR MAXX Android 4.0 Details Soon
Posted: 04 Apr 2012 01:43 PM PDT
Motorola to Share Droid RAZR MAXX Android 4.0 Details Soon is a post by Adam Mills from Gotta Be Mobile.
Today is April 4th, the date that a leaked Best Buy document said would be the day that the Motorola Droid RAZR and Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX would be getting Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Owners of both devices have yet to see any new software roll out but Motorola, for its part, says that it will be sharing details about the software or the Droid RAZR MAXX sometime in the near future.
Droid-Life has revealed a Twitter conversation that took place today between Motorola Mobility?s Twitter account and an owner of the Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX who asked about the availability of the device?s Android 4.0 update.
Motorola says that while it does not have a release date to announce, it will be sharing details about the release date ?soon.?

Of course, this is an Android manufacturer that we?re talking about here so we have no idea if soon actually means soon if it means weeks from now soon.
We hope that it?s the former and not the latter.
As for the original Droid RAZR, we haven?t seen Motorola?s Twitter fire off any responses about it yet.
In any event, it looks like we?re getting closer to seeing Android 4.0 roll out to a Motorola device.
Motorola has promised Android 4.0 updates for a number of its Droid devices including:
DROID BIONIC
DROID RAZR
DROID RAZR MAXX
DROID 4 DROID
DROID XYBOARD 8.2
DROID XYBOARD 10.1
DROID Incredible 2 by HTC

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The Rumor that ICS was coming out came from a post by BestBuy. We all know this is incorrect by now. We also know that Verizon has ICS for the Razr and Razr Maxx, which has been leaked and other sites have a copy.

Personally, I don't want a half baked version of ICS for my device. Give them time to finish.

And just because other websites post information about when we get a ROM update to ICS does not mean it is so.

Reactions: roachman55

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't the RAZR the advertised as the first phone upgradeable to Ice Cream Sandwich?

If so then why does it seem it will be the last one to get it. Did they not start "evaluating and planning" it as soon as they made the phone. Am I wrong?

This was the first phone advertized at launch that it would get ICS (followed close behind by Rezound), and the two of them and the Bionic were the first three on Verizon's ICS list, but no where did they say that it would be the first to get it. That's an assumption on your part. In fact from what I have seen thus far there are only three phones that have ICS (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, and the HTV Vivid), not sure where you got that it was the last to get it. It will come soon enough. The phone works just fine on Gingerbread.

slbe1892

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
This was the first phone advertized at launch that it would get ICS (followed close behind by Rezound), and the two of them and the Bionic were the first three on Verizon's ICS list, but no where did they say that it would be the first to get it. That's an assumption on your part. In fact from what I have seen thus far there are only three phones that have ICS (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, and the HTV Vivid), not sure where you got that it was the last to get it. It will come soon enough. The phone works just fine on Gingerbread.

Let me explain this again. I didn't mean it would get it first. I meant was it the first phone advertised that its selling point was that it would be upgradeable to ICS. I understand it wasn't going to be the first one to get it. I'm speaking on the fact that this was one of the first phones that was marketed as "upgradeable to ICS". So any consumer would then think they were near the front of the line to get ICS. I apologize to all for my miswording.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Let me explain this again. I didn't mean it would get it first. I meant was it the first phone advertised that its selling point was that it would be upgradeable to ICS. I understand it wasn't going to be the first one to get it. I'm speaking on the fact that this was one of the first phones that was marketed as "upgradeable to ICS". So any consumer would then think they were near the front of the line to get ICS. I apologize to all for my miswording.

Then what may I ask was the point of this thread? (just wondering)

slbe1892

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Im asking if I'm right. Wasn't it like the first or second advertised as "upgradeable to ICS""? If so shouldnt it be near the front of the line?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Im asking if I'm right. Wasn't it like the first or second advertised as "upgradeable to ICS""? If so shouldnt it be near the front of the line?

Yes it is and yes it is. It will come soon enough. If you want to see why they take their time do a search for the Gingerbread update for the Droid X and see what happens when a release is rushed.

slbe1892

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is and yes it is. It will come soon enough. If you want to see why they take their time do a search for the Gingerbread update for the Droid X and see what happens when a release is rushed.

Oh yeah I totally agree. But at the same time I feel like it should be near the front. Cause you know plenty of people (not me actually) bought the phone thinking "man when ICS starts rolling out ill be getting it then cause I bought the first phone that was "upgradeable to ICS". All in all my thread was just an observance.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah I totally agree. But at the same time I feel like it should be near the front. Cause you know plenty of people (not me actually) bought the phone thinking "man when ICS starts rolling out ill be getting it then cause I bought the first phone that was "upgradeable to ICS". All in all my thread was just an observance.

It is near the front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress