Problem pairing the MS Bluetooth Keyboard 6000

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
When I try to pair the keyboard, it asks for a pin. It suggests either 0000 or 1234. Neither works. The manual for the keyboard says, "If you are prompted for a passkey, let the program create it". Any ideas? Anyone try to pair this keyboard or have the same problem with another Bluetooth device?

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I had problem with pairing to my car which has the Ford Sync and that has a code of 6 numbers. Other phones paired with it without any problems and then talked to someone at Ford and found out the Razr has a quicker timeout when pairing compared to other phones, so we went at it again and typed in the pin numbers quick and clicked done and after a few trys it works now

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Found the answer - when prompted for the passkey, you enter 0000 and hit the enter button. Then you enter 0000 on the keyboard itself and hit enter on it as well. Works just fine as I am typing this on the keyboard right now.

It's funny how a company as savvy as Microsoft would leave out a whole couple of steps in their instructions and on their support pages. That's just one of the differences between it and Apple.

VZN support wasn't any help either. They don't even show it as a supported device, even though they have other keyboards listed other than the Moto keyboard that they sell.

PS, it's a pretty cool keyboard. Doesn't have a mouse or a keypad, but it's compact with a nice slight curve that makes it comfortable to use. I might post about it in the accessories portion of the Razr forum. I got it at Amazon for around $35.