1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is complete phone book on Razor

When I send a picture or even text messages and want to send t many people computers and phones I can only pick phone numbers because my email addresses are not there. Is there an app that allows this, my other phones did this (Samsung Charge)

Default Re: Where is complete phone book on Razor

Contacts app... it is your address book... most people usually store it in their Gmail, so as soon as you log in the first time your device will download your address book and load it into your Contacts. Contacts app is where your email and text messages get your contact information for all your contacts.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Contacts app... it is your address book... most people usually store it in their Gmail, so as soon as you log in the first time your device will download your address book and load it into your Contacts. Contacts app is where your email and text messages get your contact information for all your contacts.
    No Mr. Fatboy I did get my address book from backup assistant and al my numbers plus email adds are there but when sending pictures or messages to both phone and email the add book only shows phone numbers I can choose from

Quote Originally Posted by Sandylove View Post
    No Mr. Fatboy I did get my address book from backup assistant and al my numbers plus email adds are there but when sending pictures or messages to both phone and email the add book only shows phone numbers I can choose from
    I'm guessing that you are talking about sending pictures with your Text Messaging app... that can only send to a phone. If you want to send them to both a phone and email address, I'd suggest you send it via email... just use the phone's email address for text messages... example: Verizon phone number 888-555-1212 you could send it to
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    I'm guessing that you are talking about sending pictures with your Text Messaging app... that can only send to a phone. If you want to send them to both a phone and email address, I'd suggest you send it via email... just use the phone's email address for text messages... example: Verizon phone number 888-555-1212 you could send it to
    I have the same problem and was able to do what she was saying by using send by text and having all contacts show up to pick from. I had the Fascinate and Revolution and now with Razr cannot do it and even Verizon store couldn't help me
    Welcome to the world of Cell Phones and Technology- It is what it is!

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Your trying to do two different things with one app. Text messaging app is for texting phone to phone with phone numbers, not email. You have email app that will send email to someone else's email. Two different functions, two different apps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I just did it. I had to do it like a search for the email address in the box up top. Like T9 dialing.

I entered a letter and everything showed up. I picked the email address from there.

What I noticed is all email addresses didnt show up. I had to type the first letter of the email address for it to show up. Like T9 dialing.

Either that or there is a setting in Contacts/hit the Settings key/Display Options that need to be tweaked. I'm sure if we keep digging at this problem we can find a solution.

When I send a picture or even text messages and want to send t many people computers and phones I can only pick phone numbers because my email addresses are not there. Is there an app that allows this, my other phones did this (Samsung Charge)
    Do you have your accounts synced to your phone? I have my corporate and personal synced to my phone and the emails I have stored from synching pop up. So try that.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    I just did it. I had to do it like a search for the email address in the box up top. Like T9 dialing.

I entered a letter and everything showed up. I picked the email address from there.

What I noticed is all email addresses didnt show up. I had to type the first letter of the email address for it to show up. Like T9 dialing.

Either that or there is a setting in Contacts/hit the Settings key/Display Options that need to be tweaked. I'm sure if we keep digging at this problem we can find a solution.
    When I want to send a picture and want to send to peoples phones and to some email addresses from phones I had in past like the charge my phone book would pop up and I would choose show email and all my contacts were there for me to clock on multiple contacts phone and email addresses and they would send through messaging. Can not do with Razr only phone contacts show up without no email at all. I even tried Handcent which is better than stock app and no luck with that. I was told this is a motorola issue but should be an app for doing what I did on other phones

ROM
    Arctic Hd

When I want to send a picture and want to send to peoples phones and to some email addresses from phones I had in past like the charge my phone book would pop up and I would choose show email and all my contacts were there for me to clock on multiple contacts phone and email addresses and they would send through messaging. Can not do with Razr only phone contacts show up without no email at all. I even tried Handcent which is better than stock app and no luck with that. I was told this is a motorola issue but should be an app for doing what I did on other phones
    I'm sure all messaging apps will use your stock contacts app which is being your main issue here. I have never looked into it but maybe they make different phone book apps to download?

Quote Originally Posted by dumpedduce View Post
    I'm sure all messaging apps will use your stock contacts app which is being your main issue here. I have never looked into it but maybe they make different phone book apps to download?

What Sandy said has been my issue with phone (Razr) since I got it, cant send to both at same time and it takes to long to send to many at once phone # and emails. I was looking for an app last night trying to search on App store but found nothing, but maybe need to know what to search for but I'm trying.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

My all stock Droid X, Bionic and RAZR have always worked the same way for me. If I want to send a picture message to an email address, I insert the picture and up top, I type in the persons name like usual (ex. Abby). On the drop down list, it shows their phone number and email, I tap their email and hit send. Works flawless for me. I'm really confused that people think it's a Motorola problem. I can pictures to email addresses all the time, no need for a seperate app.

Do you send to multiple people at same time, phone numbers and email addresses? I always would send as many as to 8-10 people phone numbers and emails by using messaging and full phone book with all is there to click and choose not start writing a name . Thats the way The Revolution was and Fascinate. It's hard to explain to you what I mean but I am trying

Let me take another stab at this...

In the box up top, I notice when I put in a letter and it pulls up contacts, the only email addresses that show up start the letter I put in. If I wanted another email address to show up, I would have to put in the beginning letter for that email address. Maybe there is some symbol that would show every email address? Like a search syntax?

Let me take another stab at this...

In the box up top, I notice when I put in a letter and it pulls up contacts, the only email addresses that show up start the letter I put in. If I wanted another email address to show up, I would have to put in the beginning letter for that email address. Maybe there is some symbol that would show every email address? Like a search syntax?
    I went to a Verizon workshop 2 months ago when I got razr and asked about it and even took video of how it was done on my wifes Revolution and both the salesmen which were the teachers had the Razr and said it must be a Motorola thing and didn't know what to do because both of them said they dont really send many pics and if they do it is just to their wives. Like I said if you didn't see my comments jroc is using the Revolution or Fascinate I would pick a picture and send by text message and complete phone book with phone numbers and email addresses pop up and I go down the list checking ones I want up to 10 which I think is maximum.
    Thank you for trying so hard for me

Ok...let me see if I understand a lil clearer now...lol

You want to select multiple contacts, numbers and emails together, when sending messages? And have access to the entire address book?

If that's it, yea so far looks like you can only select one at a time. But...you can add more than 1 number or email to the sender list. And like I mentioned, the only email addresses that shows up start with whatever letter I put in the box up top. Maybe putting in the @ sign will show all email addresses in your phone book. Scratch that....that doesn't work for email addresses...

Am I getting warmer? lol
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Ok...let me see if I understand a lil clearer now...lol

You want to select multiple contacts, numbers and emails together, when sending messages? And have access to the entire address book?

If that's it, yea so far looks like you can only select one at a time. But...you can add more than 1 number or email to the sender list. And like I mentioned, the only email addresses that shows up start with whatever letter I put in the box up top. Maybe putting in the @ sign will show all email addresses in your phone book. Scratch that....that doesn't work for email addresses...

Am I getting warmer? lol
    That is what I am trying to do and ws able to do with other phones I had in past. Roachman I know what you mean because I have done before myself and have tried and looked for an app to put on Razr to do same but cant find one. It is frustrating ding one at a time and trying to add more then one. I also have contacted Vzw and they are at a loss for words

try sms pro

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Bump for trying DW contacts

Sent from my Eclipsed Droid RAZR via Tapatalk II
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by ronschuck View Post
    try sms pro
    Thank you ronschuck I am using it which is better than stock app but still same thing no email add with the phone numbers
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

What does that mean Dumpedduce?

ROM
    Arctic Hd

What does that mean Dumpedduce?
    Bump is a term used on forums to "bump" there threads back to the top of the sub forum.

I was suggesting to try this app. I seen it posted some where that this will do what you want to do. Hope it helps.

Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Thanks I will give that one a try and see if that brings up email and phones numbers same time so I can click who I want without all the extra work to send to multiple people and emails. Showed Verizon store what I mean with a friends Revolution and they scratched heads and said must be a Motorola thing. Heard that too many times now, doesn't anyone send pics to emails and phones at same time other than me?

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Thanks I will give that one a try and see if that brings up email and phones numbers same time so I can click who I want without all the extra work to send to multiple people and emails. Showed Verizon store what I mean with a friends Revolution and they scratched heads and said must be a Motorola thing. Heard that too many times now, doesn't anyone send pics to emails and phones at same time other than me?
    Any update about that app?