Anyone use GoSMS on their Razr? I have issues.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a weird issue with GoSMS and curious if everyone else has this issue.

Basically the issue I have is I do not get the popup text box on the lock screen.

For instance, when using Handcent, if I get a text, it will automatically light up my screen, show the text with the quick reply box on the lock screen. I can view the text and reply without even unlocking the phone.

With GoSMS, the screen will light up, nothing will show up on the lock screen. I have to unlock the phone just to see the popup box. I have had this issue with a Motorola Atrix, Samsung GS2, Samsung GS2 Skyrocket, and now my Razr Maxx. I was originally thinking that is just how the program works, but some friends with other phones, such as an Incredible 2, LG Thrill for example says the popup box comes up over the lockscreen.

I have searched all through the settings and there is no setting for it. Only thing close is a setting for light up the lock screen, but that doesn't fix it.

In Handcent there is a setting for a lockscreen fix for people with this issue, but GoSMS doesn't have that feature, eventhough the settings menu is almost identical to Handcent.

So basically I was wondering if anyone with a Razr gets the SMS popups over the lockscreen or am I just wasting my time trying to get it to work.

I have emailed the developers for GoSMS and even posted on their website, but never heard anything from them or ever seen a fix.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have go SMS and I don't know what you want but I have mine set for when I get a message it lights up my screen for around 20 seconds then goes black again. I used this app trying to get all of phone book to show up when sending picture messages to multiple email and phone numbers at same time but this app plus the stock app wont do it like it did on my other phones. I also have this app Go SMS to blink when I miss a call or message. Someone will be along soon I'm sure that will be able to help you so hang in there

corrsfan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have GoSMS Pro on my Razr and it works as you would expect...an incoming text will light up the screen and show the message in a quick reply box, where I can open, delete, close, or type a reply to the new msg.

sent from my HP Touchpad

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I had some issues with GO SMS, namely getting the NOtification sound to work. I restored it from my titanium back up. I eventually ended up uninstalling and downloading again from the market, and all was well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power