Visual VoiceMail Issues
02-24-2013 10:13 AM
- It seems as of lately every time I get a Visual Voicemail I get a text message from Verizon stating I have an unheard Visual Voicemail waiting for me and to click on my Visual Voicemail icon to reinstall. I have called Verizon and they sent it to their networking team to try and fix this issue. Was wondering if anyone else heard of this occurring? Also while he was testing and removing my Visual Voicemail service and sending me voicemails my phone now is stuck with the non Visual Voicemail icon in my task bar with 3 unheard messages waiting and to Dial *86 to hear them. Thing is there is NO unheard voicemails and this standard voicemail icon will not go away.04-11-2012 07:59 PM
- This sounds like a classic textbook Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) Issue. On the platform side, Verizon must reset the VM or VVM platform. The tech or teir 1 agent will see, in your case, the numebr 3 next to the "MWI#" feild... he/she must click reset OR delete your voicemail feature off your account, reload account, and then re-add VM feature. Either/or will do the trick...
After they did that (simple 5 min call), reboot the phone. It should be gone. IF not, go to settings>apps>manage apps>voicemail and clear data & cache and reboot phone again.. If its still not gone... umm... call Verizon again. The platform wasnt reset correctly. Sorry04-11-2012 08:21 PM
- They tried all the resetting and the issue is still there. They said to do a system reset I said that. There has to be a file I can edit somewhere from root that will clear this icon and stop asking me to subscribe to Visual Voicemail every time I boot my phone.04-11-2012 10:20 PM
- You cleared data & cache on voicemail app in settings> apps>manage apps
In settings>call settings, voicemail and roaming voicemail both set to "always choose"???
do the 2 above. Reboot. If it's still there, then I'm out of ideas
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 204-12-2012 02:43 AM
- I ended up doing a system wipe then restored all my apps then the icon poped back up for 3 un read voicemail! I ended up clearing the phone cache and that cleared the voicemail icon and fixed the subscribe issue on the visual voicemail everytime it loaded. Wish I knew this before I did the restore. WOuld have saved me 30 minutes of rooting and restoring.04-12-2012 07:27 AM
- I have had my HTC EVO since January of 2011. I have always used Visual Voicemail, and until two weeks ago, it was working great. Yes, I was usiong Handcent SMS for text messages, and that never interfered with it. But, as of approximately two weeks ago, VVM has quit notifying me of new voicemail. I discovered last night that I had 6 unheard messages when I called voicemail the old fashioned way - dialing 1 on my phone. I scoured these forums, I tried all the solutions presented here and elsewhere. This includes recording a voice memo and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. I uninstalled the Handcent SMS app. I even downloaded Google voice, but that changed everything, including the ringback tone, and was way too confusing to set up, so I uninstalled that and reinstalled VVM. Then, after that, I had to call Sprint voicemail to set up my voicemail all over again! Still, nothing worked. I used my dad's phone to call my number and leave voicemail messages, and none of them showed up in VVM. Now, anytime I want to listen to my voicemail messages, I have to dial 1 and do it the old fashioned way. SO ANNOYING!!!!
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!04-17-2012 10:44 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid RAZR
Visual VoiceMail Issues
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD