Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Super Turtleman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Awesome Phone but keeps sliping out of my hand and cant Reach??

I had a couple earlier Motorola phones and was not happy at all with them , but this phone is worlds better. Only complaint is that it is not very good for one handed operation. It constantly feels like it is falling out of my hand and i have to loosen my grip to reach over to the other side of the phone. any suggestions for a good case that might stay put in my hand??
    Thanks
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Default Re: Awesome Phone but keeps sliping out of my hand and cant Reach

I know exactly what you mean. I would get one of thos TPU cases. They have good grip and they dont make the phone very bulky. You can get them on Ebay for a few dollars. Unless you want to go with a big dog case like an Otter Box.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

If you are right-handed, try to find a case with a cutout for the SD card door. The little ledge it creates for the cutout will give your third finger something to hang on. It won't help with the thumb issue but it's half of the problem solved.

I don't have an issue at all. My thumb is kept free while my first 3 fingers sit on the back. My pinky sits at the bottom and I never lose grip. Not sure if that's a normal hold, but I started doing it unknowingly and it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I don't have an issue at all. My thumb is kept free while my first 3 fingers sit on the back. My pinky sits at the bottom and I never lose grip. Not sure if that's a normal hold, but I started doing it unknowingly and it works.

Im doing the same thing as i read and type this out. I use a case from a little kiosk in the mall. Its like a otter box knock off kinda but reversed. Its made by Cellairis. Its a silicon skin that a harder but kinda soft exo shell snaps around the full phone. Ill post pics later. Which really the case makes it harder to hang on to cause it's kinda slick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I use the one that came from Verizon with the belt clip and hard case. Feels like rubber but is hard plastic.

I have pretty small hands and I can barely use it one handed. Any bigger and it would be a two hand job

Here is a link to the one I have. http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=63937
    Last edited by invalid_user; 04-13-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: addition of link

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Quote Originally Posted by invalid_user View Post
    Any bigger and it would be a two hand job
    O'rly?

Found a link to the case i got but only paid $25 for it.
    Last edited by dumpedduce; 04-12-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpedduce View Post
    O'rly?

Oh my...

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Here is that link.

https://www.cellairis.com/product/ce...zr-white-black

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

WOW, thanks so much for the advice. A friend told me about a case that had a little tab that pulled or flipped out and it allowed for extra support when using the phone one handed. I ordered a silicon case that wraps around the perimeter and that did not seem to help, however it was really cheap and is a bit lose fitting. I also ordered a case with a clip/Kick stand, i will let u know how that works too. thanks again!

I've actually dropped mine a couple times cuz it just slips out...and I have big hands. I ordered a set of four of those TPU cases mentioned above for the Maxx on eBay for like $8. It'll take a month to get here but the price is right. lol
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".
    Thanked by:
    Terrigno likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I just ordered 2 cases. Maybe i am missing something, but they TPU cases are $2 on Ebay (A little more if u want it from a USA seller and a little less from hong kong)

Black TPU Rubber High Gloss Case Cover for Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 | eBay

and this one too
    New Motorola Droid RAZR Rubberized Holster & Case Combo w/ Kickstand by Verizon | eBay

Let u know how it works for holding the phone...

ROM
    Stock on most

I love the seidio active cases. The edge grips perfectly and easy to get on and off if you need to get at the SD card. Otterbox Commuter is too tough to get on and off and too slick.

Just realized. My Hard case from Verizon, The one with the Kickstand. You cannot get to the SD card unless you take off the case. I never do but I might in the future and it might be a pain. Still this is a great case.

I have seen people mention the difficulty in getting the Otterbox Commuter case on and off. I don't understand why! I have no problem popping it on and off quickly. I don't like how slick the back is though, so I am working with a guy at my shop this week to see if we can score the back 4 or so times, and insert soft rubber that extends a few millimeters or so from the case.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I just got this case with a built in kick stand. So far it works pretty good, i can grip the phone really well. Just a little cumbersome to open up each time...Does anyone know if there is a phone that is wider then the Razor (not thicker) i want to use the case that fits the razr and slide it in a belt clip, screen face out so when i clip it to the holder on my dash board, the screen is out toward me, but on this holder, i can not face the screen out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Awesome Phone but keeps sliping out of my hand and cant Reach??-razor-phone-case.jpg  

You can put it in backwards. It is a little tight but if it's for in your car you do not need to slide it all the way down.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by invalid_user View Post
    You can put it in backwards. It is a little tight but if it's for in your car you do not need to slide it all the way down.
    Thanks but about 3 inches of the phone sticks out of the top and that covers my AC vent and my prim a dona arse needs my cold air...:-)

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted

You guys can also look into the flygrip...
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by smoke314 View Post
    You guys can also look into the flygrip...
    Nice Find!
    Flygrip - Navigate your Smartphone with One Hand

I also bought a flygrip, as the screens get bigger the more difficult it is to reach the corners of the screen.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted

The AC guys should grab one and do a review of it, not sure how to contact them though.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by BBtoAnDROID View Post
    Thanks but about 3 inches of the phone sticks out of the top and that covers my AC vent and my prim a dona arse needs my cold air...:-)
    My bad, i have too many cases, the phone will slide into the case , screen out...and slides all the way down...