Life is good.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
For a brief moment of time, everything's working the way I want it. My Razr is hotspotting my laptop through FoxFi, I have a wireless Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth keyboard and MS wireless mouse paired with the laptop, both of which can also be paired with the phone itself. I have a small Anker 5500 mh external battery which gives me a full day's usage keeping my battery at 100% the whole day, including running internet on wi-fi.

Really, the only thing missing is Webdock, but I can live with mirror when I hook up to the flatscreen. Oh yeah, waiting for a $25 computer audio system to arrive on Monday for the bedroom. All told, I've spent around a hundred bucks, including shipping (zero).

PS, Amazon's been running the Anker at $33 with free shipping, although I'm not sure that it's still that price. The big 8k+ Anker has been $46.

invalid_user

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Nice. But that is the kiss of death. Like "He has not missed a putt from 10 feet in 17 holes" what does he do he pulls it. Glad to hear things are working good. I am a novice user so I do not mess around with mine to much but I have had 0 problems with mine..

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's why I said, "For a brief moment of time...".

Even so, there are always little hitches here and there. To wit:

I've already had to restart the Razr because it stopped charging through the wall socket. That seemed to fix it.

Switching pairing the keyboard and mouse from laptop to phone isn't always seamless. You always have to jump through a couple of hoops.

When using the external battery, you can't use it connected to the phone AND connected to an outlet. IOW, you can't charge the battery at the same time that you are piggybacking off of it. At least you can't in Words With Friends. It acts all wonky. I don't know why this would be, but I've already adjusted my usage. I'm basically only using the battery when I'm at work and both the phone and the battery are fully charged from the night before, and when I'm sitting on the sofa using the phone as my browser. My wall charger cord is just long enough for me to hold it in front of me and not long enough for me to put it down next to me or put it in my lap. Sometimes you don't want to bother with the laptop. The battery gives me the freedom to unplug from it from the wall.

When carrying the battery, you have to keep the screen on. When it times out, it also times the battery out as well.

And, if you have the laptop away from the phone, when 4g drops out, which it does a few times a day where I am, it takes a little while to realize it because you aren't in front of the notification bar.

All little niggling things that you might expect from a series of workarounds, but it's all worth it for the flexibility, especially when the keyboard and mouse on your laptop aren't the most ergonomic and using the Razr keyboard is ackward and typo-creating from the creative use of auto-correct by the device.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I am in a similar positive situation. Using the lapdock 500, the moto wireless keyboard and mouse, the HD dock, my Anker external battery, etc. I have spent more than you, but I did not have a laptop to begin with. Everything is working well at the moment.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I am in a similar positive situation. Using the lapdock 500, the moto wireless keyboard and mouse, the HD dock, my Anker external battery, etc. I have spent more than you, but I did not have a laptop to begin with. Everything is working well at the moment.

It's great when the phone can sit there like a lump just acting as hotspot, but you can take it with you as well. Congrats on your system!