Items waiting to upload?

Sandylove

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a new problem now, Saturday I noticed up in notification bar at top a grey arrow pointing up so I open notifications and it says 6 items waiting to upload and under that it says Remotr device offline. I tried turning phone off and on turning on computer and checking all settings on phone and PC and cannot figure out what it is and cant get it off notifications bar either.Help

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue recently. It was pictures that I had taken that wanted to upload to MotoCast. They wouldn't upload until I connected to wi-fi. Even after I did, it took a little while before it kicked in and worked.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately all I can tell you is be patient and it will eventually work. The icon stayed on my phone for over a day last time I ran into that issue. I just had to wait it out. Cold comfort, I know. Maybe rebooting the phone will speed things along. Worth a shot.

Reactions: Sandylove

Sandylove

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
have you tried killing the app from the task manager?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What app might that be? I went into manage apps and went to close Motocast but it said something like it could mess with other things. I'm not trying to upload anything and now it says 7 items waiting to be uploaded. A device is not connected below that message so turned on PC and put phone on wifi for two hours and still there

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What app might that be? I went into manage apps and went to close Motocast but it said something like it could mess with other things. I'm not trying to upload anything and now it says 7 items waiting to be uploaded. A device is not connected below that message so turned on PC and put phone on wifi for two hours and still there

It's a general warning saying if you force close this it might have negative side affects to how your phone will react. Usually it won't do anything and some times it might make something else fc. Its not going to mess your phone up. At most it will just put you in a position where you have to reboot your phone. I suggest going in and fc it and see if that helps. Still doesn't work try clearing data.

Sent from my Eclipsed Droid RAZR via Tapatalk II

anon(96159)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

don't know, i never had that happen to me.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It's Dropbox. I bet you're all Dropbox users...yes?

It automatically uploads your pictures to Dropbox. Tell Dropbox to upload over cellular, or turn that feature off, and you'll be good.

tonyhoppe

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The files waiting to upload is moto cast. If your host computer is sleeping or not online it has no place to upload too. go to my gallery go to motocast and hit the menu button, there you can turn the automatic upload off if you want

jahoobob

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I also experienced this as well as other problems including gps not finding location and the screen not auto-rotating when viewing photos or using the browser. Called VZW and they had me power off, pull my SIM and then replace it and power up. Problems solved. Looks as though the SIM pull replaces the battery pull on phones with non-replaceable batteries.

BTW I had my phone in my house on wi-fi for almost 2 days except for a few short outings.

Reactions: DAVburns808

Sandylove

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The files waiting to upload is moto cast. If your host computer is sleeping or not online it has no place to upload too. go to my gallery go to motocast and hit the menu button, there you can turn the automatic upload off if you want

Computer was on and tried it with WIFI and 4G for hours and nothing. When it was workig my computer didn't have to be on, I could be out for the day and sending pics via quick upload and when got home they were in my email ready for downloading. Thank you

Sandylove

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I also experienced this as well as other problems including gps not finding location and the screen not auto-rotating when viewing photos or using the browser. Called VZW and they had me power off, pull my SIM and then replace it and power up. Problems solved. Looks as though the SIM pull replaces the battery pull on phones with non-replaceable batteries.

BTW I had my phone in my house on wi-fi for almost 2 days except for a few short outings.

Well thank you that is first time I heard of that one so I will try it. Have a nice day

italo barone

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out, sandylove. go to:
"my gallery" app,
settings,
motocast settings,
motocast auto upload settings,
motocast auto upload and uncheck it to disable auto upload.

kickerdude85

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I recently formatted my computer and when i reinstalled motocast the pictures would not upload and they would be waiting. TO FIX THIS you have to go to camera then settings, motocast auto upload, motocast auto upload settings. there you can turn off auto upload or select which computer to upload to. Hope this helps.

Reactions: lowboydrvr

BMGRAHAM

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
In my case it turned out that when I looked at my devices in Motocast on my PC, my home PC was shown twice, once as online, once as not - I moved the slider to hide the offline one. That actually was not the problem. The problem was in Autobackup settings, the wrong device was selected.

Last edited: