Noobie with bluetooth question

artwagner45

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
HI,

I am new to the Razr Maxx, but not new to smartphones as a whole. My one and only question is: Does the Motorola Razr Maxx do Bluetooth Dialing and voice commands or not. I have searched this forum and numerous others and cannot seem to get a straight answer from anyone. Please help. If this "Best phone on the planet" piece of S__T does not do this, this phone is going in the garbage.

Why is it so hard for someone to put an outstanding voice dialing app on a phone?? For someone that is in a vehicle 50% of the day on most days, this is unbelievably frustrating.

Can someone recommend a GREAT voice dial app for a Razr Maxx?? I would be eternally greatful.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone could be.

MischiefsMommy

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
HI,

I am new to the Razr Maxx, but not new to smartphones as a whole. My one and only question is: Does the Motorola Razr Maxx do Bluetooth Dialing and voice commands or not. I have searched this forum and numerous others and cannot seem to get a straight answer from anyone. Please help. If this "Best phone on the planet" piece of S__T does not do this, this phone is going in the garbage.

Why is it so hard for someone to put an outstanding voice dialing app on a phone?? For someone that is in a vehicle 50% of the day on most days, this is unbelievably frustrating.

Can someone recommend a GREAT voice dial app for a Razr Maxx?? I would be eternally greatful.

Any app that you get in the market would be great as long as it is for your device and has a 4 star rating or higher. Good Luck!!

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't know this from personal experience since I don't have Bluetooth in the car, but I think the answer is yes, the phone has the capability natively. I don't know if this is the problem that you're experiencing (if you ARE experiencing a problem, but let me post this cut and paste from another forum . You see, someone was having problems with the screen going into locked mode but not working in locked mode with the voice dialer:

"The problem is because the device is locked not because its sleep, there is a option to be able to Settings / Security / Allow Bluetooth while locked... Make sure this is checked..."

Apparently, the default is to disable the Bluetooth while locked.

Don't know if this has a bearing but thought I'd mention it anyway.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Vlingo works with just about any other app made for this purpose. Remember not all phones and or apps will work with all types of Bluetooth devices.

Sent from my Eclipsed Droid RAZR via Tapatalk II

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am also anoobie to motorola. My question is will voice directions on navigation read out while talking on bluetooth device? I was using my navigation and took a call, but my navigation turn by turn stopped. On my last phone I would just hear the turn by turn through my ear piece while talking. Thanks.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am also anoobie to motorola. My question is will voice directions on navigation read out while talking on bluetooth device? I was using my navigation and took a call, but my navigation turn by turn stopped. On my last phone I would just hear the turn by turn through my ear piece while talking. Thanks.

That is a Google App and has nothing to do with Motorola. Check your settings.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
HI,

Oh btw you have voice commands stock on your phone. See the search widget with the microphone to the right. Click it, say call "bob", text "Jim", and etc.

Vlingo or other apps I suggested just has more bells and whistles and speaks back to you.

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That is a Google App and has nothing to do with Motorola. Check your settings.

Thanks for the response. I recognize it is a google app. That is why I do not understand why the app does not function on the motorola phone the way it did on my last android phone. On my last phone the turn by turn directions would interrupt my phone conversation, music, or whatever else I was doing to give the instructions. On the motorola razr it did not/does not do that. What settings should I check? I have looked through the menu while in the navigation app and I did not see where I could make the adjustment. It just seemed strange that the directions in the google app did not interrupt on this phone as it did on other android phones.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I recognize it is a google app. That is why I do not understand why the app does not function on the motorola phone the way it did on my last android phone. On my last phone the turn by turn directions would interrupt my phone conversation, music, or whatever else I was doing to give the instructions. On the motorola razr it did not/does not do that. What settings should I check? I have looked through the menu while in the navigation app and I did not see where I could make the adjustment. It just seemed strange that the directions in the google app did not interrupt on this phone as it did on other android phones.

Is this the same Bluetooth that you used on the other device?

Does it speak you the directions without the Bluetooth connected? Does it speak the directions over your blue tooth when you aren't on the phone?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandermill533

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Is this the same Bluetooth that you used on the other device?

Does it speak you the directions without the Bluetooth connected? Does it speak the directions over your blue tooth when you aren't on the phone?
Yep! My earpiece is the same. The only thing different is the device. On my last device the directions would play over the phone speaker until a call has been taken. Once the call is taken, you can hear the directions in the earpiece. Or if I was running pandora through an fm transmitter, the music will pause and I can hear the directions come through the radio speakers.

It speaks directions when bluetooth is connected but not in use and it speaks directions when I do not have bluetooth on at all. The directions in both of these instances are spoken through the phone speaker. I understand the device using its own speaker while the bluetooth earpiece is connected and not in use. I just wish I could hear the directions in my earpiece while on a call or if it would speak them through the phone speaker. It's as if the navigation is muted while bluetooth is in use. Yes, I did check to make sure that voice is on and not muted several times before posting here. I try not to post unless I really can't figure it out on my own.

I do want to clarify that I am referring to a bluetooth earpiece and not a bluetooth connection to car audio.

Thanks for your willingness to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech