1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Default Just ordered

I just ordered a RAZR on ebay to try out in place of my gNex. While I do love my gNex and ICS I just cant take the horrible battery life and signal anymore. Hopefully the RAZR meets my needs....
    On the gNex I usually charge once maybe even twice a day and thats only with about 2h of screen on time. My wife has a RAZR and she seems to get about 3.5-4h of screen time off a single charge....does that sound about right?

Default Re: Just ordered

I dunno about the RAZR battery life, but I've had really good life out of my Photon. I run it 6-10 hours on averages. Playing games is about the only thing that eats my battery's lunch.

Global Posts
    10,015 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 3.0 Sense

I hope you ordered the Raxr MAXX and not the regular Razr...

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

^^Ditto.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

On screen time for me on the RAZR is usually right around four hours.

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Maxx or not, you will be happy with your phone. Enjoy it and ICS will be here soon don't worry about that.

Sent from my Eclipsed Droid RAZR via Tapatalk II
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

No, its the regular RAZR. Maxx was too expensive off contract.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

I figured it HAS to have better battery life than my gNex.....I usually charge 2 -3 times a day and get at most 2 hours of screen on time per charge (with extended battery).

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Verizon swapped my Galaxy Nexus out for a RAZR due to a variety of continuous problems. I find the battery life of the RAZR significantly better than my Galaxy Nexus with the extended battery. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Converting my Razr to a Maxx as soon as the parts come.
    Battery life is so, so.

I had a RAZR before going with the MAXX. The battery life wasn't bad but I feel 4G phones need a 2700 mah battery or better to be useful. Your results may vary though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

I'd suggest getting an Anker 5500 mh battery/charger for around $40. Even though the added bulk sorta defeats the whole slim and light factor of the Razr, it's nice not to have to be beholden to a wall socket during work hours. I even don't mind holding it behind the Razr as it fits perfectly in the crease of my palm. Since I wear a jacket, I keep the battery in my shirt pocket and the phone in my inside jacket pocket and I usually keep them tethered. If I start my shift with 90%, it stays that way the whole day, or until I decide to untether it (which I do a lot less than I would have thought). It's like using it without ever once worrying about a recharge when I'm on the go, even when I'm away from home for 12 hours, and I use the net A LOT.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS Leak

Yesterday, I took my phone off the charger at 11 AMish and at midnight, I still had around 15% left. While I was on Wifi 90% of that time, I would say my use was at least moderate, and probably heavy during most of the time I was on 4G.

Keep in mind this is running Eclipse 1.3 and no data-intensive widgets. I used Eclipse 2.0 for a little while on my Charge, and it is simply a great build that tends to give me battery life better than stock. I was still using GO Launcher Ex yesterday, running Google search, Go Calendar, Go Weather, and Go Task Manager widgets. I had all of the auto-updates turned off and did manual updates on the weather widget probably four times.

I tend to get better battery life on ANY launcher besides GO, so I deleted GO and am back on Eclipse launcher that Eclipse 1.3 runs on. I expect to get even better battery life today. I took my phone off the charger roughly three and a half hours ago, and with mild/moderate use, I'm still at 90%.