1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Former Advisor

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts

Default Hiding that it's purple?

So I am getting a Razr from somebody but its purple......(Yeah I know). Is there any cases that would do a good job of hiding its true color lol?

Android Central Advisor August 2011 - Late September 2011

I think an Otterbox case will do the trick.
    Thanked by:
    rosser 

ROM
    Arctic Hd

This is the case I use and love it. They have different colors also and a variety of cases on that sight.

Sent From My ICS Tenderloin via Tapatalk II

ROM
    Stock on most

Default Re: Hiding that it's purple?

The Seidio Active case will cover it completely and you can pick from multiple colors unlike Otterbox.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I have the Otterbox and I have the white Razr and you can't see the color at all.

I have the trident aegis case. I really like it. It covers the color as well. I had an otterbox commuter series but like the trident better. Reason being is the trident case has a flap that opens and allows access to the sd slot. Did not like that you had to take the otterbox off to access the sd slot.

A can of black spray paint?

Couldn't resist.

A good cover will do the trick, see my review

A cheap TPU case from eBay might work.
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".

White out or black out. Use a fine tip brush. Or the case with kickstand and holster combo that they sell at a Verizon store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i had same issue. I went to renew my contract and only purple available. I threw the otterbox on her and......whallla! is black!
    cant see any remnants of purple at all!

Wink Re: Hiding that it's purple?

What's wrong with purple? Is this a Teletubbyesque/homophobia thing or just a matter of taste? If so...weird. After all, purple stands for royal. Of course, it's easy for me to say cause I've got the hypercool white one, which I have covered with a translucent teal gel cover. Which makes me wonder, is there a color on a translucent case that would alter the purple? Obviously, there are plenty of cases that will conceal the color, but, once you get the phone, maybe you could try different color translucent cases and see if one of them turns it into a shade that you actually like.

Quote Originally Posted by rosser View Post
    So I am getting a Razr from somebody but its purple......(Yeah I know). Is there any cases that would do a good job of hiding its true color lol?
    I just posted my "Good as New" Replacement Razr Maxx (Wife went back to iPhone, and the original had screen issues) on CRAIGSLIST in San Diego, and when I was looking around at other offers to set my price I noticed there was one person who WANTED a purple one, and would pay a premium to get it.

So....if you don't like the color or the cover you get - then why not sell it on Craigslist to someone who actually wants the color, and get what you really want?