1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voice recognition not working

Hello all,
    My razr will not recognize any voice input. I go to text message or googletalk and click the microphone icon. It says initializing, speak now, and then no spech heard; and then closes out. VZW tech support had me put the phone into safe mode, did the same thing. They told me it was an OS issue and I would have to restore to a previous version

My phone is currently version 6.12.181.xt912.verizon.en.us, Android version 2.3.6.

Anyone have a similar experience or know if restoring will fix this issue???

I'm starting to hate VZW. This is my 5th phone since Oct 2011 and there has been something wrong with every one of them.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Default Re: Voice recognition not working

I'm by no means an expert but I believe I've heard of similar problems on different phones. First, I would try doing a factory reset. I know that can be a big pain but that could possibly solve the issue. I'm not sure if you have rooted the phone or installed ROMs or what but something like this could possibly be fixed by this.

If that doesn't work, I would try using RSD to go back to an earlier software version then letting the phone re-update its software. (It's possible something got messed up when updating.)

Keep us updated and possibly someone more qualified can help you out.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was hoping to avoid doing a reset, but from what I have (or haven't found) it seems like the only option. If my afternoon is as quiet as I'm hoping it will be, I will be resetting today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Is there a way to prevent or postpone all my apps from automatically downloading when I sign in for the first time?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ended up doing a factory reset.....and it didn't help any. So, I have yet another replacement phone on its way.

From Oct 2011, I have gone through 3 Bionics, 1 Charge, 2 SIM cards and now on my second RAZR.

Maybe, just maybe, the factory recertified isn't all that its cracked up to be.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKPJBM1 | JameBond 3.4.6

You should ask them to send you the Maxx for all the trouble they have given you.

Sent from my DROID X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I'm having the same problem. Just got my phone today. the reason I went with the droid razr over the iphone s was the voice texting. seems like it doesn't work at all.

email me I'm new to forums. just got the phone 3 hours ago and so frustrated.

i got my phone today same issue. i think the feature doesnt work at all. that is a major thing to me cuz i picked this phone over the iphone s and it was a close call...I want the voice commands

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkysb View Post
    i got my phone today same issue. i think the feature doesnt work at all. that is a major thing to me cuz i picked this phone over the iphone s and it was a close call...I want the voice commands
    Did you download the voice extender from the market?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2