ICS rumblings for Razr??

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
According to https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c, the Droid Razr and Motorola Razr(I am assuming the Droid Razr is the US branded version), will be upgraded to Ics. I would assume it is more cost effective for Motorola to release all of the updates together. Having said that, wireless carriers are also part of the equation and I wonder if part or all of the delay is due to one or more of the carriers having specific issues with what Motorola sent them.

I was personally surprised to see an app built into the leaked ICS that allows you to set up an artificial data cap to prevent data overages. I am willing to bet real money that the a final ota update for verizon customers doesnt have it.

I will bet you every dime you have on that one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

firesyde424

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had some more time to play with is and I can't wait for the ota version. Pretty much every complaint I had with my Razr is gone. The "shutter"lag is almost nil after the update. Before, a buddy of mine was showing off his dhiny new iPhone 4s and he was able to take two or three pictures to my one. We did our test again today and if his iPhone was faster at taking pictures than my ics razr, neither of us could tell.

As I mentioned before, everything appears more responsive, but it also feels more responsive. Switching between apps is nearly seamless and I've even noticed that web browsing is also snappier.

Anther gripe was that, while I could use apps in landscape mode, I could only do it with the buttons on the right side. The same was true with the web browser. While a minor annoyance, I am happy to see that I can now flip my razr to any orientation and direction I wish and the app I am using will follow. They even fixed a wifi disconnect issue I was having with the wifi at work!

Needless to say, I am a fan.

Reactions: mekano

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had some more time to play with is and I can't wait for the ota version. Pretty much every complaint I had with my Razr is gone. The "shutter"lag is almost nil after the update. Before, a buddy of mine was showing off his dhiny new iPhone 4s and he was able to take two or three pictures to my one. We did our test again today and if his iPhone was faster at taking pictures than my ics razr, neither of us could tell.

As I mentioned before, everything appears more responsive, but it also feels more responsive. Switching between apps is nearly seamless and I've even noticed that web browsing is also snappier.

Anther gripe was that, while I could use apps in landscape mode, I could only do it with the buttons on the right side. The same was true with the web browser. While a minor annoyance, I am happy to see that I can now flip my razr to any orientation and direction I wish and the app I am using will follow. They even fixed a wifi disconnect issue I was having with the wifi at work!

Needless to say, I am a fan.

Making more excited! Can't wait!! :D

@dbeger14

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You hit the nail right on the head, androidcore. And that reference to the last false start screen shot made me laugh. Well played.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
this is a big update, i think it will improve this device significantly. battery life, UI, ect... im really anticipating this one.

MbR24

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
my Moto rep told me last night that VZW has all the power for the update. Moto apparently released the ICS build to them in Feb for an April release which VZW pushed back to who knows when. he did confirm he's heard the same rumor of today. May 21.

all I know is I've tried to pull an update since midnight with no luck :(

Sean1431

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I joined the mfn and never got asked to do a soak test....so I highly doubt we will be seeing an update today or any time soon... :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

BoB_BaRkEr187

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
my Moto rep told me last night that VZW has all the power for the update. Moto apparently released the ICS build to them in Feb for an April release which VZW pushed back to who knows when. he did confirm he's heard the same rumor of today. May 21.

all I know is I've tried to pull an update since midnight with no luck :(

I would think that if there was an update today we would have already heard about people doing a soak test

IP IHI II IL

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
There was a leak posted on a couple other forums (not sure if I'm allowed to reference them here) yesterday. The build is .206 and was updated from 203 & 204 which were posted Saturday. The rumor has the rollout STARTING today, with possible completion on the 23rd or 24th.

If not today, I have a feeling we'll be seeing the OTA soon...

\\Carved into this thread with my RAZR//
http://android-gz.com

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well....... Anyone else have a guess as to when ICS will be released???

@dbeger14

The second Tuesday of next week.

Not trying to be "that guy", just not looking forward to rolling back to .173 so that I can side load the first leak again. I'd love to see a date released so I'd know if it's even worth going through the trouble.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Well... its 5-22... my birthday. I'm 33... Checked my Bro's Razr (since I cant..im stuck on 84 ICS leak)... and wouldnt you have guessed it... AGAIN..... STILL no official ICS.... no official ICS OTA update in settings... I got no Soak Invite from MFN.... and if there WAS a Soak underway, there would be 2-3 ICS threads from orgasmic Razr users in all Android forums across all websites since no 1 soak tester can actually keep their mouth shut as obligated. lol

oh well... Im canceling my subscriptions to Droid-Life now...

Fool me once, shame on you....... Fool me Twice, Shame on ME!

:mad:

My ICS prediction.... 11:59 PM EST, Saturday, June 30th, 2012... the last minute of the last day of Q2............ or.... 12-21-2012... LMAO

Reactions: mekano

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888