ICS rumblings for Razr??

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
From DroidLife

No time frame other than ?summer? was given, but with Ice Cream Sandwich updates on the way to all of the devices listed, we wouldn?t be surprised if it was included with them. Plus, now that stores have been asked to print new display lists that reference these new global features, it can?t be long.

DroidLife loves to take "leaked" images, post them, blog on them, and inform the Android Community at large that the leak is... "reality" AND "100% true"!

First it was mid April with the Best Buy leak image reporting that ICS was beginning a soak test at MFN. "Oh.. no worries, we're alway right!" Well, it turned out to be GB 181 instead.... THEN, They reported a Verizon leak showing May 21 to be the ICS update. "Hey, its a carrier image this time. Its all about Verizon as we know. Sorry about last month. We got it right now".... Well.. ITS MAY 28TH... as the meme goes---"your argument is invalid"

I unsubscribed from DroidLife and canceled my account due to their piss-poor reporting methods. This is why DroidLife is not in the top tiers of Android Blog/forum websites. They suck! Just stick with the top tier sites like Android Central.

As a amateur, I have some advice for them... If you're going to blog on a "rumor & img leak", keep it a rumor. Keep it questionable. Dont take the rumor and blast it as reality. End the article with "We'll see if this is true folks." Not with an implication of "I cant wait!" or "mark your calendars".

Lastly, the "timeframe" given by Moto/Verizon was Q2... Thats April/May/June. The word "Summer" was never part of the timetable, until that is---DroidLife got involved. LMFAO. Moreover, timetables are TBA... All Timetables are... Moto/Verizon can say, "oh it'll be out in Q2"... but "s##t happens" that not even Moto/Verizon can expect, which then delays the OTA. Start complaining on 7-4-2012 if an OFFICIAL/non-rumored explanation isnt given as to why the Q2 timetable wasnt met.

Stop listening to DroidLife. Summer.. geesh... "Summer" has many definitions and meanings to a lot of people. To me, Summer means June/July/August/September. Thats late Q2 to late Q3... which tells me DroidLife just made their own timetable and told Moto/Verizon to take their "Officially posted" TBA timetable and "suck it DX style". Others believe that summer starts when school is out in late mid may/mid June (depending on which area of the USA/World your in).... So, to say "Summer" is the key and hoping ALL the readers have the SAME idea in mind AND bypassing the official TBA timetable... its absolute bloggin bulls##t... and shear utter ignorance!!!!

ICS will come when it comes. Fragmentation sucks, yes, I understand. We ALL want to see the newest thing... so see what Moto/Verizon did to ICS... to see what ICS on what OEM is better... to tinker with it... play with it... to system dump it and blast it all over the world (LOL).... I understand....

But People.. listen... you have the ability to Root and Custom ROM to a ICS based ROM of your choice. Several RAZR ICS ROMs exist. If you dont want to do that, you have the OHA policy stating any android update released prior to or within the device 18 month launch date WILL GET the android update. If your not patient, the dont get a RAZR, get a G-Nexus (or Nexus S) is you want on-the-spot Android updates. Get a HTC ONE X or S if you want ICS now now now now now or, like a teenage girl with zit issues 1 hour before the prom, your life will end. Or switch to a wireless carrier that updates their phones faster.

Or... pray Google acts more like Apple----Rule Android with an Iron Clad fist with "Free Market God Bless Capitalism" Policies where the consumer always ALWAYS gets beat up. Make it closed sourced. Give Each OEM and Wireless Carrier a set of Policies and a devil contract. Luckily, Google believes in COMMUNITY innovation, open to new ideas from anyone, and being inclusive... rather than believing in only themselves, aiming to make the USA/Global market stagnant with "1 phone to rule them all" mentality, and being exclusive. "1984" is not a world we want!

We ALL got this phone cause it was stated it will get ICS, the greatest Android Update since, well since Android 1.0 Alpha. LMAO.... Android is open source, folks. Google>OEM>Wireless Carrier>You... The 2 in the middle will do whatever they want to THEIR android system. Own your phone (#4)... or be patient on the middle 2 (#2 & #3)... or get rid of the Moto RAZR/RAZR MAXX/Verizon.... your choice folks.... its your phone and your wireless carrier... Just dont listen to DroidLife!!!

mapexonly

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If say the videos leaking would mean its getting close but who knows. I'm ready willing and waiting...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

88top

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I was going to send a personal message but find I cant due to not having a count of 5 So how is a new guy to get info from an individual?
Well here gos TO members/dream sti- I am new to this. have figured out how to Root by using an old G13 tablet for training. but I have no idea about what Gummy is or how to get started. I downloaded Android SDK and have played a little but it is all a little scarey. I have computer experience but none in Android speak or programming. How or where do I get started. Sihnce this RAZR is my first "smart phone" I don't want to F-oul it up. Richard S. AKA 88top

epiphone_74

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This is a great thread. Wasn't expecting three pages of posts. Keep it going guys and gals.
88TOP

There is a forum here for rooting and it has step by step instructions on how to do so..

Reactions: 88top

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i was thinking of rooting to get ics, but i dont want to mess with it... it is so close now, not sure if its worth it... i have rooted several phones in the past (droid x, dinc, galaxy s , ect..) but it seems to be a hassle. from my experience , the more i customize, the more fragmentation i have. once i start freezing, or removing bloatware, tweaking kernels, overclocking, installing new roms, and adding all the necessary root apps, the more issues i have.easiest way to say it, is it becomes" high maintenance." not too mention getting geeked out on having the latest and greatest rom. it becomes a rom swapping frenzy. i think im good with gingerbread until ics is released...

although, there are some sweet roms that promise to make your phone run "better"

Reactions: epiphone_74

epiphone_74

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
not a problem 88top

Happy Flashing ROMS, good luck let us know how you make out.

Seems Big V gave Eastern NC (New Bern) a gift over night..4GLTE

And it wasn't even on the list...

Happy day happy day...

88top

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Think I just might wait on the RAZR. since it is support to be OTA in this Quarter. I did without for over a year one month is not so much longer. I think I will play with the old Android 2.0 tablet I have for practice and training. LOL...:cool:

spongebobfn

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Well put!
DroidLife loves to take "leaked" images, post them, blog on them, and inform the Android Community at large that the leak is... "reality" AND "100% true"!

First it was mid April with the Best Buy leak image reporting that ICS was beginning a soak test at MFN. "Oh.. no worries, we're alway right!" Well, it turned out to be GB 181 instead.... THEN, They reported a Verizon leak showing May 21 to be the ICS update. "Hey, its a carrier image this time. Its all about Verizon as we know. Sorry about last month. We got it right now".... Well.. ITS MAY 28TH... as the meme goes---"your argument is invalid"

I unsubscribed from DroidLife and canceled my account due to their piss-poor reporting methods. This is why DroidLife is not in the top tiers of Android Blog/forum websites. They suck! Just stick with the top tier sites like Android Central.

As a amateur, I have some advice for them... If you're going to blog on a "rumor & img leak", keep it a rumor. Keep it questionable. Dont take the rumor and blast it as reality. End the article with "We'll see if this is true folks." Not with an implication of "I cant wait!" or "mark your calendars".

Lastly, the "timeframe" given by Moto/Verizon was Q2... Thats April/May/June. The word "Summer" was never part of the timetable, until that is---DroidLife got involved. LMFAO. Moreover, timetables are TBA... All Timetables are... Moto/Verizon can say, "oh it'll be out in Q2"... but "s##t happens" that not even Moto/Verizon can expect, which then delays the OTA. Start complaining on 7-4-2012 if an OFFICIAL/non-rumored explanation isnt given as to why the Q2 timetable wasnt met.

Stop listening to DroidLife. Summer.. geesh... "Summer" has many definitions and meanings to a lot of people. To me, Summer means June/July/August/September. Thats late Q2 to late Q3... which tells me DroidLife just made their own timetable and told Moto/Verizon to take their "Officially posted" TBA timetable and "suck it DX style". Others believe that summer starts when school is out in late mid may/mid June (depending on which area of the USA/World your in).... So, to say "Summer" is the key and hoping ALL the readers have the SAME idea in mind AND bypassing the official TBA timetable... its absolute bloggin bulls##t... and shear utter ignorance!!!!

ICS will come when it comes. Fragmentation sucks, yes, I understand. We ALL want to see the newest thing... so see what Moto/Verizon did to ICS... to see what ICS on what OEM is better... to tinker with it... play with it... to system dump it and blast it all over the world (LOL).... I understand....

But People.. listen... you have the ability to Root and Custom ROM to a ICS based ROM of your choice. Several RAZR ICS ROMs exist. If you dont want to do that, you have the OHA policy stating any android update released prior to or within the device 18 month launch date WILL GET the android update. If your not patient, the dont get a RAZR, get a G-Nexus (or Nexus S) is you want on-the-spot Android updates. Get a HTC ONE X or S if you want ICS now now now now now or, like a teenage girl with zit issues 1 hour before the prom, your life will end. Or switch to a wireless carrier that updates their phones faster.

Or... pray Google acts more like Apple----Rule Android with an Iron Clad fist with "Free Market God Bless Capitalism" Policies where the consumer always ALWAYS gets beat up. Make it closed sourced. Give Each OEM and Wireless Carrier a set of Policies and a devil contract. Luckily, Google believes in COMMUNITY innovation, open to new ideas from anyone, and being inclusive... rather than believing in only themselves, aiming to make the USA/Global market stagnant with "1 phone to rule them all" mentality, and being exclusive. "1984" is not a world we want!

We ALL got this phone cause it was stated it will get ICS, the greatest Android Update since, well since Android 1.0 Alpha. LMAO.... Android is open source, folks. Google>OEM>Wireless Carrier>You... The 2 in the middle will do whatever they want to THEIR android system. Own your phone (#4)... or be patient on the middle 2 (#2 & #3)... or get rid of the Moto RAZR/RAZR MAXX/Verizon.... your choice folks.... its your phone and your wireless carrier... Just dont listen to DroidLife!!!

kombatkarl

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I'm pissed about the delay is we were told the RAZR would get ICS in 6 weeks in the promotion materials when it first came out. I'm not that upset as it's been a great phone. But I can't wait for this update to FINALLY happen.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm still holding on for the 15th.:p

In all seriousness ICS had better be the cats ass with all this hype. I am very happy with my Maxx as it is, it it fast stable and smooth it just plain works and that it's what I really want in a device. Honestly it is the first smart phone that I really have had no problems with. Even when ICS is finally available I will wait for all the people who and cry about not having ICS, to and cry about how buggy and ty the initial release is and after all the water works are over and the kinks are worked out I will update. Of course by them we will be all hot and bothered about the pixie stick OS our whatever they come up with.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX

Reactions: bradenfontaine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2