Swype won't add apostrophe to words it doesn't recognize.

Classy0ne

May 17, 2012
Visit site
This seems like it should be a simple fix, but after searching Google, the Droid Razr User's Guide, and posting on another Droid Razr forum, I still don't have an answer.

I use Swype for texting. For words that need an apostrophe, that Swype recognizes, it automatically puts it in. For other words, I canNOT add an apostrophe.

Case in point: Trying to type/Swype "Jaxon's toys" (Jaxon is my pup), Swype will not add the apostrophe. I have tried manually adding it (not using Swype) by choosing 'symbols' and hitting the key that shows the period and the apostrophe, but it only gives me the period. If I hit 1/2 to change it to 2/2 (in symbols) I get an underlined apostrophe.

Can someone tell me how to get the apostrophe? Or how about this: How to you get any of the symbols that are above other symbols, letters, or numbers, such as the ? symbol??

Thank you in advance!

Classy0ne

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response! I actually had just figured it out - after several days of trying -when I got an answer form a different Droid forum a few minutes ago!

I found that if I hold down a letter/number/etc. it will come up with several choices for symbols. Also, after manually typing in "Jaxon's", under the text screen it gave me several choices of words, of which one was Jaxon's, and it asked me if I wanted to save it to my Dictionary. WaLa! Problem solved.

:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae