Razr or gnex?

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with my RAZR MAXX :) the battery can go over 24 hours or more without needing a charge. I had nexus when they came out in December. I had so many software issues I returned it in April :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I here its a great phone from many users on this forum, I would recommend the razr maxx though because the battery life on it is great.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I had a Samsung Facinate and a Droid X they were both enough to drive me to the iPhone which to be honest I really enjoyed. However with all the latest rumblings about losing unlimited data when switching from 3G to 4G this summer I decided to make the switch.

I was not thrilled about coming back to Android due to my past experiences but I did my research and reading here, and a few other places around the net and decided on the RAZR MAXX. I can honestly say I am very impressed, I really like this phone. The display is not quite on par with the Retnia display, but it is still quite good, my only real complaint. If it was as good, the Maxx would be a true ikiller.

In many other ways the Maxx is so enjoyable to use, it is smooth and fast.kudos to Google for making huge strides with the OS. My old Android phones ran like sh!t and that is being generous. The MAXX on the other hand had been nothing but stable and enjoyable to use knock wood hopefully they don't F it up in an update later. True IOS is easier and more intuitive but it its nowhere near as customizable. Plus I enjoy "discovering" new things on this phone I am still stock and have not felt the need to swap launcher or browsers etc because so far it just works.

Next in line is the battery it had been stated countless times here that the battery in this thing is nothing short of awesome. That is a big thing I loved about my iPhone. I could go all day without charging my phone and not be afraid to use it where my friends with various Android phones are always looking for some way to charge their phones or asking me to use my GPS because their batteries die to fast. I can affirm that with the maxx I never worry about the battery it lasts all day, and then some it easily outlasts my old iPhone without being a ridiculous brick with a tumor growing out of the back making it impossible to find a decent case. The battery alone has convinced four of my friends to go out and buy the MAXX one being am iPhone convert after I told him about the unlimited hoopla.

I know 4G is nothing new to this community hell it's not new to most people anymore. For me this is my first 4G phone and all I can say is where has this speed been all my life! I love it. Gone are the days of being tied to wifi for large downloads or playing certain games or uploading files. The speed is so liberating :).

Not to be forgotten this great device works well as a phone what a surprise! Call quality is very good and the radio does a goods job of holding on to a signal in outlying areas which for me is a must it is a phone after all, Kind of the point right?

All in all I am very pleased with this phone I was holding out for the iPhone 5 or whatever they decide to Call it, but with ICS coming to the MAXX it is going to have to be pretty impressive for me to feel the need to switch. I am not a fanboy of any brand I go with what suits my needs and right now I am a happy camper. Well that's my 2 and a half cents worth. There are lots of phones out there no phone is perfect just prioritize your needs and pick the phone that ticks the most boxes and you will have the best phone for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Last edited:
Reactions: Nault2000

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I, like you, have had nothing but problems with Motorola phones in the past. It was my biggest concern when buying the RAZR. However, I'm happy to say this is the best phone I've ever owned.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
You should buy the phone that u want. Both razr and gnex are great phones and what do u use ur phone mostly for ? And are u a heavy user watching a lot of videos

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I own both and the RAZR MAXX is a much better device at the moment because it works. The GN is plagued with issues that have not been addressed yet. I wouldn't give you $.02 for a Galaxy Nexus at the moment.

Reactions: Nault2000

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I own both and the RAZR MAXX is a much better device at the moment because it works. The GN is plagued with issues that have not been addressed yet. I wouldn't give you $.02 for a Galaxy Nexus at the moment.

I would agree if it's a GN made in China. I am on my fourth one right now. The first 3 were made in China and the cell signal was so bad all my calls went to voice mail, it was like my phone was lost to the network.
This one was made in Korea and is working perfectly, no data or cell signal problems no speaker issues and the screen is even brighter and crisper. I'm really beginning to agree with the group that says the GN problems (at least some of them) are not software related. I'm thinking some of it is plain old quality control and it's hardware related.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I would agree if it's a GN made in China. I am on my fourth one right now. The first 3 were made in China and the cell signal was so bad all my calls went to voice mail, it was like my phone was lost to the network.
This one was made in Korea and is working perfectly, no data or cell signal problems no speaker issues and the screen is even brighter and crisper. I'm really beginning to agree with the group that says the GN problems (at least some of them) are not software related. I'm thinking some of it is plain old quality control and it's hardware related.

I may of had two that were made in china as well. I got it the morning it was made aval. After my second in just a couple months decided to sell it due to.poor signal and other problems. Got the maxx. Couldn't be happier.

via Razr MAXX

JDub313

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
As I've said previously, I own both RAZR and GNEX. RAZR is far superior in battery life and much more importantly in signal strength. Both WiFi and Cellular radios on GNEX are awful. Unless you don't care about making calls or going on the web - get the RAZR. It's not even a close call.

If you still need more info to decide - go check the Galaxy Nexus forums and see how many people are having signal issues.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
As I've said previously, I own both RAZR and GNEX. RAZR is far superior in battery life and much more importantly in signal strength. Both WiFi and Cellular radios on GNEX are awful. Unless you don't care about making calls or going on the web - get the RAZR. It's not even a close call.

If you still need more info to decide - go check the Galaxy Nexus forums and see how many people are having signal issues.

You had a bad GN, but they don't all suffer from poor signals. It took me 4 phones to find a good one, but now my signal and data connection is just as good as any Motorola phone I have had and just as good as my wife's Tbolt.
I do think the GN suffered from poor quality control and getting a good one can be an exercise in patience.
I would also suggest you read the forums to see what kind of issues you may have if you chose a GN, but also remember it doesn't affect every phone. You have to decide what phone is right for you based on what you want.
If battery life is the most important thing by all means get the Maxx because it's battery life blows everything else away.
If you have the patience to deal with it try a Nexus, you might get a good one first time or you may go thru several,but when you do get a good one you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: icewater106

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I have both phones and im currently using the RAZR more just because I have major data dropping with my GNEX. I'm on my second Nexus and I have the same issues.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have both phones and im currently using the RAZR more just because I have major data dropping with my GNEX. I'm on my second Nexus and I have the same issues.

Which is it made by Korea or China because people been saying that the china one has more problems

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez