Battery life?

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Long story short, can't live with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus inability to stay connected during phone calls (microphone cuts out). Verizon is offering me a Razr, but not a Razr Maxx, since the Maxx was not available when I bought my nexus 12-15-11.

My question is, average battery duration of the Razr. Currently my Nexus goes about 15 hours before it croaks.

Thanks

psugrad97

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I can usually get 15-16 hours with my razr. I use juice defender. Really helps extend the battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I pushed for the RAZR MAXX and Verizon gave me a MAXX after I was on management about how terrible the Samsung was.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I make it through the work day OK with a fair amount of usage. During the weekends I try to plug juice it up when I have a chance because my usage goes up. There are a number of ways to save the battery life. One option lets you put it in a hibernate state at night when you go to bed... or during a meeting. Anytime you know you aren't going to use it. Nice feature. I thought about getting a GN but picked up a RAZR recently instead. No regrets. I will be especially thrilled when ICS comes.

DriveEuro

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Regular RAZR will be similar to your GNex. Maybe slightly better as the screen isn't as big of a power suck as the GNex screen.

Now the MAXX on the other hand is completely different.... 24-48 usage easy.

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I find the battery to be acceptable and for me, far better battery life than on my droidx. I am a very heavy user constantly browsing, texting and emailing. I can manage 5-6 hours before hitting 25% remaining which gets me through the work day. I also try to plug in whenever I get back home or during the commute home to top back off to 100%.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Id say the razr is gonna give you about 15hrs as well (medium to heavy use) Maxx will give you about 24-48hrs (medium to heavy use) I'm surprised you even got 15hrs out of the nexus. I could only grab about 6-10hrs. I'd really push Verizon to give you the Maxx, others here have gotten it for their Nexus.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know a cheaper alternative to the 100 maxx battery kit? Like an ebay iteration or something?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance