I cant hide apps in theapp drawer with the new ics update.

lawrhoog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Before on my razr I could long press an icon in the app drawer and it would allow me to hide or uninstall the app. Now with the new ics update it just brings the icon to the home screen. I've searched all the settings on the phone, and there is no way to hide these. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Press and hold the icon, drag it to home screen without letting go, slide up to more info, and manage. Disable it. :)

Or

On home screen, hit menu key than manage apps. Under all apps, select the app you want. Disable it.

Guess its not actually hiding, but works for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: lawrhoog

jaseq

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
thank you, it seems like this is alot of work but at least i can hide the bloatware. Thanks for the help!

It may be a little more work but this is actually disabling them altogether.
Now they wont run in the background on their own for some reason and not just hide.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, from what I have been able to gather about it, there is some bloatware cannot be disabled (Guided tours and Mobile Hotspot).

True, which is a bummer but not a big deal. I can live with a couple of annoying icons but I do wish we didn't have to. Disabling unneeded things though such as Facebook is how it should be.

Cbollo

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
This didn't work for any of the bloat I wanted to disable(slacker, motoactive, vz navigator, etc).. Pretty pointless capability to allow it only on apps you install

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Minacious

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
This didn't work for any of the bloat I wanted to disable(slacker, motoactive, vz navigator, etc).. Pretty pointless capability to allow it only on apps you install

I was able to disable those very apps.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

As another poster said- you can disable these applications. For example, on VZ Navigator, you do the same process but instead of disabling, you uninstall all updates. After doing this, you may receive an uninstallation error. Select OK, and follow the process again and now disable the application.

Reactions: Cbollo

Cbollo

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
As another poster said- you can disable these applications. For example, on VZ Navigator, you do the same process but instead of disabling, you uninstall all updates. After doing this, you may receive an uninstallation error. Select OK, and follow the process again and now disable the application.

Yeah, I figured it out.. Was just dragging it up to more options and expecting disable to be one of the choices.. Went into manage apps and got it done. Very useful

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded apex launcher because it works better than the stock ics and is FAR more customizable but still gives you a stock ics look and feel and that allows you to hide all of those pointless apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power