Good features in ICS

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
here are some of the features I like in ICS, these are just to help others to know what the capabilities are of their new Razr. Feel free to post anything I missed

* you can remove from the app drawer apps you dont want by disabling them in settings->app

* smart actions is cool, usefule, kinda like iphones siri, you can say where is sky harbor airport and maps will load and show you where it is, of say "test to xxx and says what you want and it will send a text to that person or navigate to and so on

*battery life seems better

*make folders on your docked icons or on your home screens

* change your docked icons by holding then deleting it then dragging new icon to its spot

*moto print is now in settings and actually works with my 6 yr old canon printer!

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen it or done it to my razr, but don't see what the monumental changes are here. Sorry I have to play devils advocate, but all the features seem gimicky. The only thing of true value to me is the smoother operation and battery life, but I can't even say that the Gingerbread was all that bad. The only thing I would really appreciate is if the web browser scrolled more smoothly. Android really are quite behind iphones in this regard, with fast scrolling almost seizure-inducing.

As for face-unlock, this will be so impractical to hold the phone to your face and wait there waiting for unlock. Besides that, if you really minded the unlock so bad, I've actually just gone ahead and disabled the lock which makes the unlock into camera or other app unneccessary as well.

Am I crazy, or does anyone who has ICS think everything is overblown?

Sandylove

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
here are some of the features I like in ICS, these are just to help others to know what the capabilities are of their new Razr. Feel free to post anything I missed

* you can remove from the app drawer apps you dont want by disabling them in settings->app

* smart actions is cool, usefule, kinda like iphones siri, you can say where is sky harbor airport and maps will load and show you where it is, of say "test to xxx and says what you want and it will send a text to that person or navigate to and so on

*battery life seems better

*make folders on your docked icons or on your home screens

* change your docked icons by holding then deleting it then dragging new icon to its spot

*moto print is now in settings and actually works with my 6 yr old canon printer!

I use Skyvi on stock Razr for what your saying about Siri and hav always been able to use printer on Motoprint