How many think ICS overrated?

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I alluded to this in a response on another thread, but how many people think ICS is overrated? Was the update worth months of everyone going crazy? On the company front, were the changes so big that these Motorola idiots had to take 6 months of teasers to get this in. I saw it briefly on my cousins Android in Asia two months ago and couldn't tell a difference until she showed me Face unlock which is a gimic anyway.

Has anyone done a scientific comparison to show greater battery life? And how do we even quantitate smoother operation?

mthorn79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Scientific comparison? Lmao that was funny...no scientists around these parts.

So to answer someone that's actually been using it, yes, significantly better. Not just the UI but this software is said to run alot better with dual core processors than GB did, and it shows. Phone is much snappier and loads Web pages better. The biggest thing for me is the 4G stability, I haven't dropped to the white signal yet. Another major improvement is that it completely changes the look and feel of my Lapdock Pro which is an added bonus most that don't have this accessory will never get to experience.

So yes, big improvements and yes I can see why it took 6 months. You have to use it to know not just glance at it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay, sounds enticing. What about the web page scrolling, which I find the worst of Android compared to iphone? I hear all kinds of people these parts break out fancy quandrant (?) apps and do all kinds of comparisons, so somebody go for it, please, and substantiate all these claims.

Man, you actually bought in on Lapdock? I bought and returned the webtop which I found so glitchy to be unusable but if ICS changes things, maybe worth it.

wolfpackarmy

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
No white-bar 4G drops? Thank God.

Scientific comparison? Lmao that was funny...no scientists around these parts.

So to answer someone that's actually been using it, yes, significantly better. Not just the UI but this software is said to run alot better with dual core processors than GB did, and it shows. Phone is much snappier and loads Web pages better. The biggest thing for me is the 4G stability, I haven't dropped to the white signal yet. Another major improvement is that it completely changes the look and feel of my Lapdock Pro which is an added bonus most that don't have this accessory will never get to experience.

So yes, big improvements and yes I can see why it took 6 months. You have to use it to know not just glance at it.

No white-bar 4G drops? Thank God

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Almost anything is overrated when put on a pedestal.

Ics is a big difference vs. gb. Just on the ui and features. Under the hood its different.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I know, but that was my question. I heard so much hype on this and then we got teased multiple times, I deserve to see some real world stats here to substantiate all this talk about a smoother, more battery friendly OS. I guess is everybody pleased that this was worth their 6 months of anticipation or is ICS just a incremental step in software updates? Is this just your anti-virus software telling you its updated itself on the latest virus database? Are we just re-inventing the wheel, getting rid of one set of things to learn just to re-learn another set of things like the switch from Word 2007 to Word 2010?

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I know, but that was my question. I heard so much hype on this and then we got teased multiple times, I deserve to see some real world stats here to substantiate all this talk about a smoother, more battery friendly OS. I guess is everybody pleased that this was worth their 6 months of anticipation or is ICS just a incremental step in software updates? Is this just your anti-virus software telling you its updated itself on the latest virus database? Are we just re-inventing the wheel, getting rid of one set of things to learn just to re-learn another set of things like the switch from Word 2007 to Word 2010?

ICS is not just an incremental step. It's a pretty massive overhaul of the OS.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
ICS is great on the razr, its a big improvement in performance, but on my xoom, not so much. I like it much better on my phone.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Forget about ICS....I just watched Day 1 of the Google I/O about JB. I want that like... yesterday...lol.

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Motorola left it stock enough to look and feel amazing but refined a couple things to make it a little more user friendly overall I love it on the razr and on my xoom, but definitely glad I have the wifi xoom cause now I want me some jelly bean. :p

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
ICS is a huge improvement on every front. Worth the wait? Are you saying you stopped doing something else to wait? If so, probably not. But, considering time was ticking by whether this was coming or not, I'll say I'm glad it's here.

It isn't like I took a week off work to go drive and pick it up or something.

RE: lapdock...can you elaborate on what has changed on that front?

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
ICS is great on the razr, its a big improvement in performance, but on my xoom, not so much. I like it much better on my phone.

I'm one of those still waiting. I went through all the anticipation and hype while waiting for ICS for my Acer A500 and was underwhelmed when I finally got the upgrade. I hope the experience is much better on the Razr. For what I do on the tablet it just didn't make any difference in the usability. Of course that experience hasn't stop me from checking the upgrade status every hour. :)
edison

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of those still waiting. I went through all the anticipation and hype while waiting for ICS for my Acer A500 and was underwhelmed when I finally got the upgrade. I hope the experience is much better on the Razr. For what I do on the tablet it just didn't make any difference in the usability. Of course that experience hasn't stop me from checking the upgrade status every hour. :)
edison

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

I have a XOOM, and ICS is very similar to Honeycomb, so it wasn't a big deal on that device. It's a very big deal on the RAZR.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a XOOM, and ICS is very similar to Honeycomb, so it wasn't a big deal on that device. It's a very big deal on the RAZR.

You're joking right? Honeycomb was so unfinished you couldn't even do basic things like arrange apps into folders and half the Widgets crashed!

Not only does ICS fix these things but it runs smoother and is more polished. Its like a new tablet.

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Like it on my phone, but had it with the nexus back in December. The novelty wore off pretty fast and has with my razr. It's not that it is horrible, but always amazed at how much people get wrapped up in what version of android they are running. I liked GB just fine.. my phone did what it as suppose to with very few issues.
Now all we will hear about is jelly bean...I really could care less. I'm sure it has some nice features, but is really no big deal to me.

Reactions: TitoRoE

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting in Canada for the update. Reading all the posts here I'm getting really impatient, but I'm waiting!

@dbeger14

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
ICS was a huge huge improvement to the Razr. I think a lot of people complain about little bugs here and there because it does need a patch (coming soon from what we're told) but even without the patch it is miles ahead of GB. I find so many little surprises that just make it more enjoyable to use. Menu facelift, lockscreen, widgets improved, app tray, etc...

I have no scientific proof or stats, but I don't need them to be able to tell if the phone is performing better in the real world. Usage and experience is more valuable to me than graphs and charts.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams