Jelly Bean

karl1coleman

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Dream on, right.

After hearing at I/O that the GNex will have JB mid-July, wonder how nuts we'll get for JB. Though, part of the reason for us being crazy for not having ICS yet is we were initially promised it in February, and it's now end of June.

Sandylove

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. JB is going to be great, but I don't think it's the giant leap in performance and UI that ICS is.

I hav been reading other forums and know some with Razr and ICS and so far they are not impressed with the many months it took to release ICS. Some say no big deal at all and some dont like and have had problems. Now people will be wanting JB and then the next one, why cant we all just be happy and rich? LOL

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Jelly bean is a minor update where as ics is a major update. That's why ics is taking so long. I think that we will see jelly bean sooner or later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I hav been reading other forums and know some with Razr and ICS and so far they are not impressed with the many months it took to release ICS. Some say no big deal at all and some dont like and have had problems. Now people will be wanting JB and then the next one, why cant we all just be happy and rich? LOL

Idk who wouldn't like ics on our phones. It is so smooth and awesome. I have no problems and its nothing but good stuff.

Reactions: mthorn79

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Idk who wouldn't like ics on our phones. It is so smooth and awesome. I have no problems and its nothing but good stuff.

Please tell of all the good things you are seeing with Ice Cream I would love to know I don't have yet but a neighbor does and he has not shown me anything but said he likes it

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Please tell of all the good things you are seeing with Ice Cream I would love to know I don't have yet but a neighbor does and he has not shown me anything but said he likes it

I started a thread highlighting major changes I noticed.

Jelly Bean is 4.1.x, where ICS is 4.0.x. Minor update. Gingerbread was 2.3.6...just all the way to 4.0.x. That's a big jump.

Jelly Bean will be a fairly minor update. The ICS update is beyond major...SO many changes/improvements. I'm loving it.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Jelly Bean is the game changer that Ice Cream Sandwich is.

Jelly Bean makes ICS look like Jelly Bean beta.

I started a thread highlighting major changes I noticed.

Jelly Bean is 4.1.x, where ICS is 4.0.x. Minor update. Gingerbread was 2.3.6...just all the way to 4.0.x. That's a big jump.

Jelly Bean will be a fairly minor update. The ICS update is beyond major...SO many changes/improvements. I'm loving it.

For a minor update they changed a WHOLE lot of stuff. The difference is night and day so far for me.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Jelly Bean makes ICS look like Jelly Bean beta.

For a minor update they changed a WHOLE lot of stuff. The difference is night and day so far for me.

As far as I know all the jelly bean update is all behind the scene stuff. Where as ics actually changed everything like the UI and the way it actually looks. Jelly bean looks the same

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know all the jelly bean update is all behind the scene stuff. Where as ics actually changed everything like the UI and the way it actually looks. Jelly bean looks the same

I am on it right now. Part of that is true, but the amount changed is ridiculous.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Shoot. I have the maxx. Hopefully someone can work some magic and get us something similar

It'll be difficult, at least until they drop source. SDK's and builds therefrom are...risky...to say the least.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
ICS to JB is pretty substantial. I would compare it to GB to ICS. There is a TON of small things that really polishes the Android OS. Jellybean = eye candy.

Sent from my Jelly Beaned VZW Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
ICS to JB is pretty substantial. I would compare it to GB to ICS. There is a TON of small things that really polishes the Android OS. Jellybean = eye candy.

Sent from my Jelly Beaned VZW Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jelly bean is a minor update. If it were major it would be Android 5.0. There's no way to compare it to gb yo ics. Ics changed the whole UI and basically the way Android works.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel