ICS Changes

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm either going crazy, there's a bug w/ my install, or it's some new feature ... but my wifi keeps turning on by itself. I've turned it off at least twice since installing ics this am at around 6:30. They have wifi protected at work and I'm not special enough to have a login for it. Anyone else noticing anything like this? :-\

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You can make folders on the dock at the bottom. Just drag the app you want over the current one. Great to be able to put Gmail, email, and texts all in the same dock slot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx

silly_rabbit

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
For those that use your phone for an alarm, if you are a snoozer, ICS no longer allows you to set the time sequence of snooze. I had mine set @ every 5 min. And now it defaults to 10. I woke up 5 mins late.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site
For those that use your phone for an alarm, if you are a snoozer, ICS no longer allows you to set the time sequence of snooze. I had mine set @ every 5 min. And now it defaults to 10. I woke up 5 mins late.

Mine has a setting for it. Droid RAZR

afranko22

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
YouTube app had a different functionality. Now no more seeing that random crap on startup.

Sent from my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx

Anonne

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I love the multitasking. Using the home button with the long press to switch and close apps is fantastic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

BobV

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Where dis you find it? It would be nice to turn it back the way I had it

Just open the Alarms app, but don't click on an alarm. Then bring up your settings using the menu button. It's there.

krbagman

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to turn on the vibrate when using the keyboard. Had it with GB and its gone since the ICS update. I'm sure I am overlooking something. Thanks

If you are talking about the haptic feedback I noticed the same thing after the update. Here is where I found how to adjust or set the duration of the vibration.

Settings > Language & Input > settings icon for the keyboard type you are using > advanced > audio & haptic feedback > haptic feedback (make sure it is checked) then select haptic duration and adjust.

Mine was set to 10ms which is so fast/short that I didn't really feel it. I increased mine to 25ms and all is good. Hope it helps.

Ken

wzm108it

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
as far as the pictures with text messages I know GOSMS is aware and has fixed it, just not released it yet. I sent them an e-mail the first day. I guess ICS changes the way it references the pictures.

seanlongoria

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Big change so far is battery life thanks to the updated smart actions. This is after a typical day of moderate use at work. Before ICS I'd be lucky to get 9 hours out of my razr.

View attachment 29389

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums