How to revert back to Gingerbread? (Razr on ICS)

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
So Verizon pushed out the ICS update to my phone, and I hate it.
Not here to get into a flame war or debate why I don't like it. But I do want to revert back to Stock Gingerbread ROM.

What's the best way to do that? I come from a Droid X, just recently got this Razr, so I haven't done any rooting or rom'ing with this new phone yet.
No I didn't make a backup, this kinda caught me off guard.

A step by step guide, and stock rom download link would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought Moto was going to start unlocking bootloaders on new phones going forward. I heard this back in the Droid X days (would apply to newer phones of course).
What gives? I thought the whole point of Android was its open source.

I guess I'm just frustrated with the whole thing. Honestly ICS didn't blow my mind at all, and they removed the intuitive nature of some tasks which really irks me (contacts no longer integrated into phone dialer, widgets have a round-about way to add, scrolling is super slow now and has a delay, little things etc).
Just my 2 cents. Can't wait until the ability to flash other roms is available again for the Razr.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
well I for one would jump back on gb in a heartbeat! Im not impressed at all with ics on my razr. On my xoom yes its great. But it has made the overall use of my phone crap. from the signal to the lack of screen brightness and my battery has taken a huge hit. Maybe they got it backwards because gb was perfect for me

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
well I for one would jump back on gb in a heartbeat! Im not impressed at all with ics on my razr. On my xoom yes its great. But it has made the overall use of my phone crap. from the signal to the lack of screen brightness and my battery has taken a huge hit. Maybe they got it backwards because gb was perfect for me

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Agreed. My Razr was perfect on Gingerbread. Since the upgrade, I dread even using the phone these past few days, and it pretty much just sits there, unless I absolutely need to use it for communication.
Which is too bad, b/c I've only had it for about a month and absolutely loved it prior to the update.
I want stock GB back.

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you having trouble getting to your text messages with the new ICS OS?

I haven't noticed this issue, but then again, I've always had a shortcut on my homescreen that goes directly to it.
Although I do hate everything else about ICS though. Why does the settings menu now look like iOS?

dphorgan2#AC

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
ICS is a lot different than GB and will take some time to get used to. You even said yourself you avoid using the phone now. I did what SteveB2 said to do. After I installed it, I nuked the phone just to start fresh to avoid possible issues and I've had none. Good luck with any of your choices though.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Glad I stuck to GB. I know a lot of people loveICS and more power to em, but GB was running so sweet and still is. I'd a been a real un happy camper with ICS. My razr rocks.
Maybe moto will push out an update to take care of some of those niggles.

ryane84

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
is there any software out there where i can put gingerbread back on my razor maxx?I hate the ics it made my phone slow,changed my battery meter,put a line above my apps button,changed my apps button,changed my settings

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
is there any software out there where i can put gingerbread back on my razor maxx?I hate the ics it made my phone slow,changed my battery meter,put a line above my apps button,changed my apps button,changed my settings

Jeez you sound pretty picky. Either that or just afraid of change.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Reactions: bradenfontaine

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You do have to accept it for it to be installed. You just don't get to change your mind later.

I know this is kind of an old post, but I just wanted to throw out there that it wasn't an option on my fianc?'s Razr. She went to bed one night on GB and woke up in the morning on ICS. No option to refuse it or anything.

ryane84

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
i got a refurbished razor maxx and it has ice cream sandwich on it i hate it i use to have a razor maxx with gingerbread before i got this refurbished one but i don't have it no more can you tell me how to put gingerbread back on my razor maxx

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
i got a refurbished razor maxx and it has ice cream sandwich on it i hate it i use to have a razor maxx with gingerbread before i got this refurbished one but i don't have it no more can you tell me how to put gingerbread back on my razor maxx

Read the thread?
And it's spelled razr, fyi
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63