My ICS problems and how i fixed them

ayejay0601

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Please feel free to add your own problems and solutions here.

Problems: froze at updating apps while installing update. Upon hard restart it said successfully installed. But I found the following issues: battery drained fast, phone became hot, Facebook didn't work, couldn't access my media or my music or photographs. Random freezes.

Solution: first I gave it a couple hrs. I assumed battery was draining BC it was doing a bunch of post install stuff like assigning photos to my contacts and reindexing. That helped with certain other issues I was having but not with the ones above. Then I assumed that the indexing must have messed up somehow. I went to settings, apps, all, media storage. I stopped the service and deleted all data (this deletes just the indexer not any actual media). Then I rebooted. Gave it 15 minutes to go through all the media and rebuild. After that everything worked.

What a pain. But overall I think i like ics. Still not as smooth as iOS or windows phone but plenty of nice features that will hold me over for another six to 12 months

Reactions: CypherMax

cdvan91

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much. I use Google Play Music. All of the music off my ext SD card was saying that the album was unknown and just threw all the music together like that but this fixed it. Thank you
My only other complaint would be that I use the HD dock and car dock, and with ics, when I plug the RAZR into a dock, it no longer wakes up my device and go to the appropriate screen. I have to unlock it in order for it to show. Just don't like the extra step, especially while driving. And fixes for that? I don't know of any.

kb3421

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
After the ICS update, I can't figure out how to delete/uninstall or even just hide any of the "bloatware" I beleive is the term. Before if you couldn't uninstall it you could at least hide it.

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
After the ICS update, I can't figure out how to delete/uninstall or even just hide any of the "bloatware" I beleive is the term. Before if you couldn't uninstall it you could at least hide it.

This is one that was driving me crazy until I read how to do it in another post. Sorry, but I forgot who originally posted it--I have been reading stuff about the ICS update all weekend.

Go to app drawer, select the app that you want to disable, and drag it to the top (more options) You will get a screen where you can force stop, and uninstall updates. Uninstall the updates. Once you uninstall the updates you will see that you have the option to disable the app. I did it with facebook and a few others.

Cheers.

Reactions: _carpediem_22

BoB_BaRkEr187

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Since ICS, my contact photo's don't show in either GO SMS Pro or Handcent Pro, they show in the stock texting app. I tried the media storage clear out trick and am waiting for it to populate. If anyone has a fix I would appreciate it!

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This is one that was driving me crazy until I read how to do it in another post. Sorry, but I forgot who originally posted it--I have been reading stuff about the ICS update all weekend.

Go to app drawer, select the app that you want to disable, and drag it to the top (more options) You will get a screen where you can force stop, and uninstall updates. Uninstall the updates. Once you uninstall the updates you will see that you have the option to disable the app. I did it with facebook and a few others.

Cheers.

How can you retrieve a disabled app and put it back into use?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
This is not my solution but one I just read at another forum....

Guy was having battery life issues. Turns out it was something up with a music file and/or his sd card.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the fix for this one. My Universal Email folder has gone missing off my home screen and I can't find it anywhere. This was one of my favorite features of a Motorola phone and I need it back :'( sniffle sniffle

FLYBYAIR

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Since the ICS update when I change navigation to walking from automobile mode the screen shakes every 30 sec or so even if you leave navigation.
If I reboot it stops
Then change to auto from walking it comes back shaking and have to reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

hillary.campfield

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a web page I am unable to log into. Its my bank website. I am able to log in using opera but not the native browser. It keeps rejecting my access. Had the same issue with the nexus. Selecting desktop site didn't help either. Any suggestions?

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a web page I am unable to log into. Its my bank website. I am able to log in using opera but not the native browser. It keeps rejecting my access. Had the same issue with the nexus. Selecting desktop site didn't help either. Any suggestions?

Here's what I've had to do to sign in to Dropbox , Comcast emails set-up, and a few others and it's worked everytime: go to the program with which you are having problems and go to that program's account settings and go through the "forgot password" process. I've just re-enteredy my old password for my "new" one and these programs don't seem to care and they let you do it and voila! Logging in on the phone starts working. Weird, right? With a program like online banking, they may have more stringent security around passwords, bit it's worth a shot. Good luck!

x.law22

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

Cheers.

Thanks, I purchased Quickoffice Pro and wanted to disable quickoffice and your post worked.:)

Dahrkness

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a Droid RAZR and recently upgraded to ICS. it was working fine until yesterday. I was texting a friend using there Pinger account. And it started separating our conversations. One message he would be on a regular number format, next my phone would make a new message thread and the number would end in @textfree.us. Now today, I was texting him and it now has two different threads of the @text free.us. it will only let me text in one and his replies show up in the other. If I text in the one with his responses, it transfers my messages to the other thread. What is going on? Could really use some help. Am technically challenged. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech