On ICS, can't tell which email account received email

stevealb

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I really like ICS so far, but have encountered a strange situation. I have 3 email accounts (1 exchange, 1 pop, 1 IMAP) with icons on the home, put there by the email widget. When an email arrives, there is no indication from the icons which account received the email. I have to go to the notification bar and click on the email to read it. That's very inconvenient.

Does anyone know a way to have the icons count unread messages and/or have a star on the icon to show that email account received a new email?

Thanks

robfu

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I also can't read my old emails and i have done important info on them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Me too! The email situation is not so good...as in useless, at the moment. Where did the Universal inbox go? Such a great feature. I did cross post over in problems and fixes and if I get an answer, I'll cross post that, too.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm still trying to understand why, when you have something as cool and that works so well as Universal Inbox did, why wipe it out???

I have an exchange account, 2 POP 3s, and a gmail. It took two hours in the Verizon corporate store today to get things sort of up and running again. They had to call Motorola (told me to wipe the phone), Comcast ("gee, a setting must have changed" - thanks, that's helpful), and Verizon IT. No one really knew what was wrong other than to say that Comcast/Xfinity has been a problem, and to try this and that, which they did and nothing worked. I finally logged onto a desktop and reset my password and it cleared the problem. I didn't create a new password, just told the program that I had forgotten mine, re-entered the old one and it all went through.

It still sucks because it's flat out inconvenient, all of my emails that I need to save are somewhere. I hit load more emails and they come back, only to be gone the next time I check that account. It's a hot mess, but it is working--sort of, I think. It's the 4th so not many emails flying around anyway, so tomorrow will tell the tale.:-\

epiphone_74

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have two accounts and yes they do not have different icons. However i have set different notification tones that tells me which account has a HIT..

The email going away.. are they over a month old?? the inbox only keeps by default three days unless you set it for 1 month..might want to look at that as a start..

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I really like ICS so far, but have encountered a strange situation. I have 3 email accounts (1 exchange, 1 pop, 1 IMAP) with icons on the home, put there by the email widget. When an email arrives, there is no indication from the icons which account received the email. I have to go to the notification bar and click on the email to read it. That's very inconvenient.
Thanks

Steve, I don't know if you've resolved your situation yet, but I did find a workaround. I, too, was frustrated with not knowing which email account received an email. I only have two email accounts I use (I don't use Gmail for that purpose so I don't need the notification of the 1-2 emails I get in a week from that account). I use my main email address from my ISP and Hotmail. I found a Hotmail app in the PlayStore and once I set it up, my Hotmail emails now show up in the notification bar with the Hotmail logo. My other email shows up with the stock email icon so I know the difference. Additionally, I dropped the Hotmail logo onto the Email logo on the Home screen. This created a folder with email clients showing when I click on it. Now I can access each client as needed.

I did remove the original Hotmail account from my phone before I set up the new account. On the downside, you can't swipe the Hotmail messages off like you could before, but the app does include a handy delete button.

edison

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech