Droid RAZR vs Nexus (Unbiased)

skw4712

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I know this is Droid RAZR section, and understandably biased opinions will be here (which is why I'm also posting this on Nexus forum)

But I want to know:
-the battery life (If I buy a Nexus, I will get a extended battery) (RAZR I'm thinking of buying is NOT MAXX)
-Camera/Camcorder differences
-Audio quality (I know when it comes to picture quality, 720p Nexus > qHD Razr)
-Connectivity/signal strength

Also, without looking at the software (now jellybean vs. ICS), what can you tell me what the better phone is?

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I currently have both phones. I love the gn in every way except signal. I had 4 gn before I switched to the RAZR then to the maxx. The gn would drop signal about 15 times an hour and would take a reboot to fix it. Jb is quick on the nexus but it also takes features away like wifi direct. Currently the only way to get jb is from a port from GSM nexus. No telling when vzw will give the update, took them over 6 months to get 4.0.4. RAZR has some bloat but some is actually useful like motocast. Others you can disable. If you like Netflix or any streaming, believe it or not your gonna be disappointed with video quality. I find the picture to b more crisp with the RAZR. I had 2 extended batteries to get the gn through the day. RAZR I didn't. The gn can handle about an hour of screen on time. Also the screen by the earpiece can get extremely hot. RAZR hardly ever got hot. If u want a tinker toy, get the gnexus, if you want a phone, get the RAZR. Can't really go wrong with either but be prepared to be disappointed with signal drops with the galaxy nexus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

menelfloss

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I may be biased however it is because of six months of experience.
I went through three GN's (suggested by Verizon Customer Support) in order to get one that would not cut short my phone calls because the microphone cuts out. The mic cut out problem is a sketchy one. Some folks have it and some not. I live in a 4G large metro area and many people here complained about the same problem. We all waited for 4.0.4 software update to fix the issue but it did not.
The Nexus is a great device but sucks as a phone. The volume is bad as well. Ability to pull in signal is also weak. Other than that it is a superb device.
I now have a Razr and love it. The battery life is better than my stock Nexus batt. the ICS interface is now same as Nexus. Far Far better at signal and telephony. Sounds better too. Some say the screen is not as good as a GN, but I beg to differ. Not only that but the Razr has Gorilla glass and the Nexus does not.
All this may be moot since sales of the Galaxy Nexus are suspended because of a ruling in the law suit against Samsung from Apple computer.
I would forgo on the Galaxy Nexus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay