Droid RAZR Unusable When Charging

Uncle_Mark

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post to this forum.

I've been "lurking" while reading the great posts and support items for the Droid RAZR and ICS Updates.

I've been having a problem with my RAZR since I bought it (pre-ICS) where, if I'm charging it, it is unusable: Screen jumps around, font changes, apps launch without initiation.

I haven't found any posts about this - Is anyone else having these issues?

Otherwise, I must be lucky in that I'm not having the ICS problems (knock wood) that I've been reading about.

Thanks!

Mark

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post to this forum.

I've been "lurking" while reading the great posts and support items for the Droid RAZR and ICS Updates.

I've been having a problem with my RAZR since I bought it (pre-ICS) where, if I'm charging it, it is unusable: Screen jumps around, font changes, apps launch without initiation.

I haven't found any posts about this - Is anyone else having these issues?

Otherwise, I must be lucky in that I'm not having the ICS problems (knock wood) that I've been reading about.

Thanks!

Mark

If you downloaded a task killer/task manager from the play store, uninstall it. Those things tend to cause more harm than good. Are you using a stock charging cable? If you're not, that has been known to cause many of the symptoms you have listed. Never seen it happen on another phone before, but I know that Motorola's are notorious for it..especially the RAZR's.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had an LG Optimus that did that sometimes. I was thinking it was stone kind of electrical interference interacting with the screen sensor. Like a loose USB port internally. If it only happens when charging, I would consider it a hardware related issue, not software.

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Check to see if USB debugging is checked. For whatever reason on my og d1 if that was checked and I tried to use the phone while charging it acted like it had a mind of its own

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bzxzlg

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. Figured out it was the aftermarket charger I had purchased. Only happened when I used this specific charger. tried other chargers and it worked fine when charging.

T

Reactions: strabo231

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. Figured out it was the aftermarket charger I had purchased. Only happened when I used this specific charger. tried other chargers and it worked fine when charging.

T

Yeah that's what I was saying I thought it was also was the charger. Good to see I wasnt making that up!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12