Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: AccuBatt: 1% Battery levels for Motorola Phones

Quote Originally Posted by maxman1 View Post
    I did the update & got forced closes even after rebooting. After uninstalling & reinstalling the app it's just perfect so any problem seems to be in how the update itself is applied. The ICS (white) theme fits my needs just dandy. Again, good job & thanks.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
    Yes I am in the process of fixing this issue. So sorry about the confusion! Clearing the App's cache or reinstalling will fix until I can get 1.2.1 out.

Quote Originally Posted by SJonesGSO View Post
    Yes I am in the process of fixing this issue. So sorry about the confusion! Clearing the App's cache or reinstalling will fix until I can get 1.2.1 out.
    Just a thought. It's certainly not "needed" but it would put a little polish on the notification bar if you would add the "%" to the numbers so they aren't sorta' sitting up there naked. You should be pleased that such a trivial suggestion is an indication of how well your 1st effort was done.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Just a thought. It's certainly not "needed" but it would put a little polish on the notification bar if you would add the "%" to the numbers so they aren't sorta' sitting up there naked. You should be pleased that such a trivial suggestion is an indication of how well your 1st effort was done.

Thanks for your input!

The update is welcomed, but i was thinking "ICS themed" would mean the text is teal like the OS stuff on the right of the notification bar. The new white is easier to see, but the os developers need to learn the difference between white and grey. DX
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    The update is welcomed, but i was thinking "ICS themed" would mean the text is teal like the OS stuff on the right of the notification bar. The new white is easier to see, but the os developers need to learn the difference between white and grey. DX
    Unfortunately, the way notifications are set up in Android 4.x makes it hard to specifically get a desired color. If I worked to get a teal the color of the system icons, when you pulled it down, the notification would be an ungodly bright cyan color. I'll look into it, though. For now, I think White (Gray) seems to be what a lot of people wanted.

That's fine. Like i said, my beef is with the os design itself in that respect. I've got several apps that now suffer from shades of grey in the notification bar.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

That's fine. Like i said, my beef is with the os design itself in that respect. I've got several apps that now suffer from shades of grey in the notification bar.
    Yes I am sorry to say that is a limitation of the OS . I am still looking for other requests! How many actually use the Widget? I'm in the process of designing an ICS-blue version.

I keep it on a side home screen (i keep my main home screen minimal), but i don't actively use it other than keeping an eye our for bugs.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

I keep it on a side home screen (i keep my main home screen minimal), but i don't actively use it other than keeping an eye our for bugs.
    Very interesting. I personally prefer the widget to the notification, but it seems most people are the other way around!

Very interesting. I personally prefer the widget to the notification, but it seems most people are the other way around!
    I also prefer the notification to the widget for the "clean" look. A version of the widget with an ICS theme might be nice though.

I did see a bit of a red flag you should be aware of. I noted that this morning I noted the app was consuming 10% of overall battery power. Seems extraordinarily heavy and although I can't be sure, I don't remember anything near this level prior to the updates. Will be monitoring the thread for any comment from you or other users.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

I also prefer the notification to the widget for the "clean" look. A version of the widget with an ICS theme might be nice though.

I did see a bit of a red flag you should be aware of. I noted that this morning I noted the app was consuming 10% of overall battery power. Seems extraordinarily heavy and although I can't be sure, I don't remember anything near this level prior to the updates. Will be monitoring the thread for any comment from you or other users.

I have heard reports of battery consumption before, but from what I can ascertain, the only reason you should see a noticeable amount of consumption is if the widget is clicked on / the settings page opened dozens of times per day..This is due to the fact that ads are loaded on each time, which can consume battery. I'm working on a better system for that.

As far as the widget goes, I'm toying with a new color scheme that fits in better with the ICS blue/white. Take a look, and let me know what you think:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bwq...GxHOUtaYUpZNTA

I personally like the new widget look better. As to the battery use, I did open the settings but I'm fairly certain it was only once this morning after charging overnight and rebooting. Seems odd.

Just checked and it doesn't even crack the top 8 listing of battery use on my phone. I'm mixed on widget color, though. ICS colors are cool, but I'm used to power supply indicators (Android and other devices) being green to show the level. Just my own opinion is all.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Just checked and it doesn't even crack the top 8 listing of battery use on my phone. I'm mixed on widget color, though. ICS colors are cool, but I'm used to power supply indicators (Android and other devices) being green to show the level. Just my own opinion is all.
    Well I was happy to include both options! As to a new widget, I've taken things in a different direction...Here's a look at things to come !

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bwq...jVPbFlkYW5kcUk

How's THAT for a sleek ICS theme?

Good good. Now just make either that or the old version as a live wallpaper!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Good good. Now just make either that or the old version as a live wallpaper!
    You'd be interested in the battery level as a live wallpaper? Not just as a widget?

I was joking really. I use a wallpaper changer, so o wouldn't use this as one.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

I was joking really. I use a wallpaper changer, so o wouldn't use this as one.
    Okay haha. I thought it seemed like a strange request. Do you like the new widget concept?

I'm kinda old school, so i like the original best so far.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

I'm kinda old school, so i like the original best so far.
    The standard green? How did you feel about the standard widget, with ICS blue coloring that I showed somewhere a while back?

I would rank them in order of preference as old with the green, then old with ICS blue, then this newest circle at the bottom.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

I would rank them in order of preference as old with the green, then old with ICS blue, then this newest circle at the bottom.
    Thanks for your input .

How's THAT for a sleek ICS theme?
    I'd say "sleek" is a spot-on description. Very nice!! Is it up for download yet?

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

I'd say "sleek" is a spot-on description. Very nice!! Is it up for download yet?

Not just yet! There are still some bugs to iron out before its ready. But keep an eye out!

I've noticed some battery issues recently with this app, and once with my battery loosing charge while it was plugged in. I'll email you the full details.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast