AccuBatt: 1% Battery levels for Motorola Phones

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would rank them in order of preference as old with the green, then old with ICS blue, then this newest circle at the bottom.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed some battery issues recently with this app, and once with my battery loosing charge while it was plugged in. I'll email you the full details.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I decided to install it..it's the same thing as battery circle which has been around for a long time.. while running, battery circle uses 3mb, whereas your app around 30mb ram. Choice was obvious, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Storage yes... Go into "running" to see the ram memory usage!

4.3 MB there. You're talking about the section where it says how many processes and services an app is running, right? 1 each btw for me. Sounds like something on your end, maybe a bug. Guessing you tried the usual clearing of cache, data, reboot, etc to see if it gets any better?

Edit: I opened the app popup via the notification bar monitor and then went to the settings before using the back button back to the home screen and mine now reports 36 MB.

Last edited:

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe i caught it doing something particular that caused a spike..but i mean i did check both apps right next to one another so there shouldn't really be a discrepancy. Either way, it's a good app, just have no purpose for it personally.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is related to some of the widget ad bugs like what I and others have reported. Rebooting the phone and letting it auto start brings usage back down to almost 3 MB. Actively using the app, or manually starting it causes the spike. Have you tried leaving the app on, then rebooting and letting it auto run, then check the usage again? Even after a day of monitoring, it stays low as long as i don't open it.

I know the OP is working on the ad issue, so this may be resolved with the next update.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If that's the case and the op can describe to me the/any benefits of the app over battery circle then I'll reinstall it for sure. :)

SJonesGSO

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
If that's the case and the op can describe to me the/any benefits of the app over battery circle then I'll reinstall it for sure.

It's a matter of preference, of course! I created AccuBatt because I didn't like what any other apps had to offer, and therefore designed this one to better meet my needs :). As far as memory "issues", as I'm sure you know, Android actually attempts to fill the RAM as quickly as possible. This allows applications to run better and respond quicker. Yes, AccuBatt can suck up some memory when the GUI is loaded in multiple instances (actually a pretty simple fix that may be in the next release), but this has NO adverse effects on the OS.

When RAM is needed, the Android OS simply clears some with applications no longer being run. Only in the most extreme of cases is RAM usage something you should worry about.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm still seeing the high use issue after opening the app. This time I pulled it off the charger to see what the stock battery use reported. AccuBatt showed up and climbed to about 15% usage after 20 min., ranking #3 behind display and the OS. Clearly there is something hanging on my phone causing the app to take up processing use after opening it. I rebooted to reset it to its "unopened monitoring" state and it is back to normal. I know high memory use isn't the big problem, but it is at least related to the processor usage after opening it up.

I don't mind dealing with it for right now so I can maybe help figure out what's going on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac