Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AccuBatt: 1% Battery levels for Motorola Phones

Just as a quick disclaimer, this is a shameless plug for a new App I've made, but it's free! So I hope no one gets mad that I'm trying to fish for money here. MODS: Please let me know if this type of post isn't allowed. I didn't see anything in the rules about it!

I've finished working on my latest app, AccuBatt! It's a 1% battery indicator / widget for Motorola Phones (Especially the RAZR) that reports the battery level with higher precision than stock. It does not require rooting, and is the only app (to my knowledge) specifically designed to report the battery levels of Motorola phones!

I'll post a copy of the current market description here:

Finally, a 1% Battery Widget for Motorola Phones! Sure there are other apps that can indicate a Motorola device's battery in 1% levels, but AccuBatt has the best features and abilities!

AccuBatt for Motorola Phones allows your phone to report its battery percentage accurately!

Motorola Phones typically are crippled in that they report battery levels in 10% increments, losing much of the precision of other phones. This application fixes this issue, adding a convenient notification to the phone showing not only a precise and accurate battery levels but also other useful information.

Features:
    -Reports battery in 1% increments
    -Works on practically any Motorola phone
    -Displays Temperature, Voltage, and Charging Status
    -Fahrenheit / Celsius option
    -Notification can be toggled on/off
    -Dynamic widget that shows battery level / status

Best of all, NO ROOT REQUIRED! This app will run regardless of whether or not you have Root access.

App Permissions:

Full Internet access
    --used for loading ads

View Network State
    --used for loading ads

Control Vibrator
    --used for haptic feedback

Automatically Start At Boot
    --used to launch the app at boot

SEO: Motorola Accurate Battery AccuBatt Indicator 1 % one percent precise enceladus widget
    Here's a link to the play store page:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...us.motobattery

I'm still looking for people to test it and let me know how everything is working on their phone! So any and all feedback is more than welcome!

Thank you!!!

ROM
    Arctic HD

So far straight 5 star ratings. Looks good! :thumbup:

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: AccuBatt: 1% Battery levels for Motorola Phones

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    So far straight 5 star ratings. Looks good! :thumbup:

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Awesome!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by THARD View Post
    Awesome!
    Please let me know if there are any improvements you'd like to see!

Just installed this on my Bionic. First off, thanks for making this, because i never did like it only displaying 10% increments. Working well so far, but i have a minor suggestion. Could you add color change settings for the notification? Green on a black background of the notification bar makes it hard to read, especially with phone dimmed. Not to mention ICS changed the bar coloring itself, making notifications harder to read on my phone. I would prefer it to be white, and even that now looks grey on my notification bar. May also help to bolden the counter too to help it stand out more.

Edit: I had to reboot my phone to get the widget available in my list. Normally i don't have to do that.
    bubbadog likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Just installed this on my Bionic. First off, thanks for making this, because i never did like it only displaying 10% increments. Working well so far, but i have a minor suggestion. Could you add color change settings for the notification? Green on a black background of the notification bar makes it hard to read, especially with phone dimmed. Not to mention ICS changed the bar coloring itself, making notifications harder to read on my phone. I would prefer it to be white, and even that now looks grey on my notification bar. May also help to bolden the counter too to help it stand out more.

Edit: I had to reboot my phone to get the widget available in my list. Normally i don't have to do that.
    Keep an eye out for an update in the near future adding this functionality!

Maybe found another bug. The notification at the top shows me at 100%, but the widget shows me at 96%. I deleted the widget and re-added it, and now that says "ERR". I saw it say "ERR" before too and it eventually corrected itself. Tapping the widget to bring up the pop up window shows the correct info, and refreshing the app doesn't seem to affect it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Maybe found another bug. The notification at the top shows me at 100%, but the widget shows me at 96%. I deleted the widget and re-added it, and now that says "ERR". I saw it say "ERR" before too and it eventually corrected itself. Tapping the widget to bring up the pop up window shows the correct info, and refreshing the app doesn't seem to affect it.
    Interesting...What phone / Android version are you running? I've never seen / heard of this occuring before...the "ERR" appears when the phone won't report the battery percentage..usually this means it has not booted up yet, or else Android has killed the service without restarting it.

Reboot should fix that 99% of the time, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.

I'm running it on a Bionic with the leaked .232 version of ICS. I do know I've had some issues with either the USB cable or the port going bad (I loathed the day they decided to make USB the charging method, but that story is in another thread), where it now takes a long time to charge and will actually discharge while being pluged in with the charge indicator on. I don't know if that could have anything to do with it, but it's never affected my stock battery level monitor or another one I use in the Android Assistant app. Nothing is being FC'ed by the assistant app or any other meathod either that could make the phone stop that particular service.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I'm running it on a Bionic with the leaked .232 version of ICS. I do know I've had some issues with either the USB cable or the port going bad (I loathed the day they decided to make USB the charging method, but that story is in another thread), where it now takes a long time to charge and will actually discharge while being pluged in with the charge indicator on. I don't know if that could have anything to do with it, but it's never affected my stock battery level monitor or another one I use in the Android Assistant app. Nothing is being FC'ed by the assistant app or any other meathod either that could make the phone stop that particular service.
    Well, my primary test device (my daily phone that I have this installed on) is the exact same as yours (Bionic .232) so I doubt it's device-specific. More likely, its something on your end. I would try clearing the cache of AccuBatt (This will cause you to lose your settings such as the fahrenheit toggle). And try rebooting.

I didn't have to go that far. When I cleared the cache and data, I decided to re-open the app and see what happens. The widget then cleared the ERR and is reporting 100% now too. I don't remember exactly what started the issue, but seems if you have the app already running and THEN put the widget on your home screen, it causes the widget to ERR. It has to either be put on before starting the app, or FC and restart the app after the fact for it to report.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I didn't have to go that far. When I cleared the cache and data, I decided to re-open the app and see what happens. The widget then cleared the ERR and is reporting 100% now too. I don't remember exactly what started the issue, but seems if you have the app already running and THEN put the widget on your home screen, it causes the widget to ERR. It has to either be put on before starting the app, or FC and restart the app after the fact for it to report.
    Well thanks for helping out! I'm looking into the issue now.

Any time.

If I find any more bugs, want me to post right away, or wait until the next release to see if they still exist?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Any time.

If I find any more bugs, want me to post right away, or wait until the next release to see if they still exist?
    I would actually greatly appreciate if you'd shoot me an email at sjonesgso (at) gmail (dot) com.

I don't check this thread as much as my email so that would be more helpful!

Thanks!

Wow I'm loving it. Thanks so much for finally being a 1% increment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlpha1550 View Post
    Wow I'm loving it. Thanks so much for finally being a 1% increment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanks for using it! Be sure y'all are letting your DROID friends know about the app!

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

I'm using a Razr running ICS and the color you have chosen for the digits (a green colour) is very difficult to see. If you could change it to a brighter colour. Like the clock digits or something.

Thanks.

Sent from my XT910 using Android Central Forums
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by mekano View Post
    I'm using a Razr running ICS and the color you have chosen for the digits (a green colour) is very difficult to see. If you could change it to a brighter colour. Like the clock digits or something.

Thanks.

Sent from my XT910 using Android Central Forums
    This is definitely one of the most requested features I've heard, and it is in the works.

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Looks great, SJ! I'm with everybody else...change the color ASAP, please. Also, I think it would look better if you could move it to the right next to the battery symbol.

Regardless, great app!!!

Thanks,
    T
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by T_Rob View Post
    Looks great, SJ! I'm with everybody else...change the color ASAP, please. Also, I think it would look better if you could move it to the right next to the battery symbol.

Regardless, great app!!!

Thanks,
    T
    Unfortunately, the notification is stuck where it is, I can only place them in that area. As far as the color..that should be coming very soon.

I'm working on an In-app purchase that activates some new features and removes the ads. Originally the plan was to put the ICS theme in the extra features, requiring a purchase, but I'm reconsidering putting it back free.

It seems like a lot of people see the colors as a limitation, so I don't want to charge for a bugfix. What do y'all think?

Very nice. IMHO, white would probably be most visible for the notification bar. Since you can get full information with a down-swipe it's no big deal for me. Well done, thank you.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

I would at least offer white. I think the ICS theme would be super slick, but I don't know if it'd be worth the price for that color scheme. I don't blame you for thinking of charging for it, but I think the only way to do it would be to lump it in with the other upgrades and ad removal. I wouldn't be willing to pay for the ICS theme by itself.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I would at least offer white. I think the ICS theme would be super slick, but I don't know if it'd be worth the price for that color scheme. I don't blame you for thinking of charging for it, but I think the only way to do it would be to lump it in with the other upgrades and ad removal. I wouldn't be willing to pay for the ICS theme by itself.
    I've just uploaded the ICS theme for free . Look for version 1.2.0 to be coming to your phone soon! I'm compiling a list of features that will be purchasable including an ad-free option. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by SJonesGSO View Post
    I've just uploaded the ICS theme for free . Look for version 1.2.0 to be coming to your phone soon! I'm compiling a list of features that will be purchasable including an ad-free option. Any suggestions?
    I did the update & got forced closes even after rebooting. After uninstalling & reinstalling the app it's just perfect so any problem seems to be in how the update itself is applied. The ICS (white) theme fits my needs just dandy. Again, good job & thanks.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast