New Razr owner and i have a few questions and needing opinions

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone.. I just purchased a Razr this pass friday and im really loving it.Still within my 14day return period and was wondering if there was anyone here that has had the Samsung S3 and returned it for this phone or the Maxx.My coworker has the Maxx and i like that as well.I hear all the rave over the Maxx battery but today when i checked his battery today it was at 50% @ 9hrs.My phone was 40%@9hrs.I want to get the Maxx but for that little difference in battery life i will keep my 100.00 in my pocket.Can i look for more than that out of the Maxx battery life?.I love the build quality of the Razr but i also love all the bells and whistles from the S3 but not the build quality.Can anyone help me with a good decision before my 14day expires...Thanks in advance

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: New Razr owner and i have a few questions and needing opinion

You have to keep in mind everyone uses their phone differently.If you're happy w the razr keep it. The SGIII and Maxx are both awesome and different. I really like my Maxx. I think I'd like the SGIII as well. Also I'm at 70% on 7 hour 53 mins. Once I pulled 20% on 1 day 3hours and 41 mins :) I think w a little research you'll find what's best for you. I did w the help of AC!

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

I've tried all three and I keep going back to my Razr. The Maxx didn't impress me enough for the money and the S3, while a very cool phone, just didn't have a strong enough signal to make and receive calls at my house. I did go and download the ringtones and notification sounds from the S3 and put them on my SD card, so at least I have that part from the phone. I do miss the squishy water part though... otherwise the Razr is the best so far in my opinion.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I've tried all three and I keep going back to my Razr. The Maxx didn't impress me enough for the money and the S3, while a very cool phone, just didn't have a strong enough signal to make and receive calls at my house. I did go and download the ringtones and notification sounds from the S3 and put them on my SD card, so at least I have that part from the phone. I do miss the squishy water part though... otherwise the Razr is the best so far in my opinion.
Agreed. Samsung hasn't made an Android phone that doesn't drop calls yet. Motorolas have the best reception. Simple as that.

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Believe im gonna go with the Razr Maxx....The build quality on the Razr is so much better.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, if you are still within your return time I would return it and deal with whatever device you had before for another week or so, by then the Droid Razr HD and Maxx HD should be on sale. I wouldn't lock into a 2 year contract with a device that already has a successor on the market.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I guess you're kinda stuck unless you can return your phone and just get a different device from Verizon, just make sure you return that device within the 14 day return period and by then they should have the Droid Razr HDs in store. The only thing with that would be the restocking fee but I think its only $30, since you would have to pay that on your current device and theother device it would be about $60. Its up to you if that $60 is worth the free upgrade and not regretting your decision for 2 years.

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I easily get 1.5 to 2 days out of a charge with 6+ hours of screen time on my Maxx . Today I really pulled a bone head move and threw my jeans in the wash with my Maxx in the back pocket. It went all the way through a heavy duty cycle and I found it laying at the bottom of the washer. The screen was black and it wouldn't turn on so I took it outside and put it on the dashboard of my car and parked it in the sun with the windows up where it sat all day. When I went out to get it this afternoon it was so hot I couldn't even hold it with my bare hand. I let it cool down and when I plugged it in the battery icon came on and when it got to 10% I turned it on and it booted up as if nothing ever happened. It has been working fine tonight with no issues at all. This probably won't help you make your decision, but it definitely let's you know that it is one hell of a tough phone. My son and I are amazed that it survived this ordeal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I easily get 1.5 to 2 days out of a charge with 6+ hours of screen time on my Maxx . Today I really pulled a bone head move and threw my jeans in the wash with my Maxx in the back pocket. It went all the way through a heavy duty cycle and I found it laying at the bottom of the washer. The screen was black and it wouldn't turn on so I took it outside and put it on the dashboard of my car and parked it in the sun with the windows up where it sat all day. When I went out to get it this afternoon it was so hot I couldn't even hold it with my bare hand. I let it cool down and when I plugged it in the battery icon came on and when it got to 10% I turned it on and it booted up as if nothing ever happened. It has been working fine tonight with no issues at all. This probably won't help you make your decision, but it definitely let's you know that it is one hell of a tough phone. My son and I are amazed that it survived this ordeal.

Thats the nano-coating doing its job!

P.S. The Droid Razr HD has the same thing!

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Wow !!!!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, if you are still within your return time I would return it and deal with whatever device you had before for another week or so, by then the Droid Razr HD and Maxx HD should be on sale. I wouldn't lock into a 2 year contract with a device that already has a successor on the market.

Who said those phones were going to be released in a week or two?? You're just speculating.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Sounds great...my dads casio commando on the other hand did not survive a wash in the laundry...just vibrates when you press the power button and thats it...so much for being a rugged phone

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy my razr, although I do wish I had the battery of the maxx. Bought a $30 pocket charger to help. If I didn't leave mine on 4g I get a days use with no problem, but don't like to switch, so the pocket charger was a good solution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca