Does The Droid Razr Have A Bad Signal Antenna?

CPUGEEK

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Does the droid razr cdma have bad signal antenna? Because at my job I cannot get any service but other people with iphones on vzw can get service throughout the building. Now i had 3 diffrent razrs and each one the signal is bad. No signal bars no data but when I move to a certain spot I can get some service somewhat but others with Iphones etc can get a signal.

I thought all antennas was created equally

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Does the droid razr cdma have bad signal antenna? Because at my job I cannot get any service but other people with iphones on vzw can get service throughout the building. Now i had 3 diffrent razrs and each one the signal is bad. No signal bars no data but when I move to a certain spot I can get some service somewhat but others with Iphones etc can get a signal.

I thought all antennas was created equally

Very odd if you ask me. I've used Moto since the days of bag phones and have always had a very good signal on Verizon (Alltel prior to that).

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Now on ics I have signal fluctuation issues but on gb it was great

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It must be a software issue because Motorola has the best cell reception and radios of any company (they were originally a radio company) so my guess is something went wrong during the upgrade process. Contact Verizon and ask them if it's a known issue in their servers or if it's isolated. If they say it's a known issue PUSH them for a replacement. They should cover it even if it isn't under warranty because it was their upgrade that messed it up!

daschneider9

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Now on ics I have signal fluctuation issues but on gb it was great

I have had a similar experience with the upgrade. Excellent reception on GB but great fluctuations in both 4G and 3G since ICS. Not impressed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

satellite65

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I have had a similar experience with the upgrade. Excellent reception on GB but great fluctuations in both 4G and 3G since ICS. Not impressed.

Same here. Reception never a problem with GB, don't think I ever lost web access. It seems like it was ok for a while after switching (intentionally didn't call it an upgrade) to ICS, but now I get no-web-access errors a few times every day in locations where the signal had always been good before.

dillont3

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I have also been having data connection problems a lot lately after since I got a, warranty replacement Razr about a month ago. I took it into Verizon today and they pointed out that my phone was in global mode. They put it back in LTE/CDMA mode and did a hard reset and when the phone started back up it was in global mode again. Apparently new or replacement devices come in global mode for some reason and the tech said a couple other people had came in with data connection problems and their phone kept putting itself into global mode to do he said it might be an ICS bug. I never thought to check my data mode because I never change it from LTE/CDMA since Verizon took away CDMA only option with ICS. So check and make sure you phone isn't going into global mode every time you turn it on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ooatsouid

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, just to get in on this: Fluctuations in VZW signals are being experienced here on ICS when never before on GB. I also found my phone was set in global mode but a change to LTE/CDMA has not corrected the dropped signal problem. I've wondered what next step to take since local Verizon people had no answer. Anyone have a further suggestion.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting calls that has frequent random audio clipping; I've also had my data go in an out. Verizon said its a bad SIM card and to get a replacement at the store. I don't know how a bad sim card could cause intermittent voice issues. I'm going to get a new sim card tomorrow, but its bad...like 'I'll email you my information because we can't understand each other on the phone' bad.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Just an update:

The new 4G SIM fixed my voice quality issues. The Verizon guy said a lot of BIONICs, RAZRs & S3's have been coming back needing new SIM cards....looks like Verizon needs to get it together.

There are no warnings of this happening, the only symptoms are poor voice quality and 4G that drops in and out of 3G.

Mickerfan

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Well something's happening haha it might be the LTE on/off app. I'll just turn that off and leave LTE on and see if it still turns airplane mode on

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mickerfan

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
It gives a red circle with a line through it and when I hold the power button to check if airplane mode is on, it says it is. Nothing happened today though so it's probably that app

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bew1977

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I went from having uninterrupted signal with GB to signal that has been on a slow slide to horrible since upgrading to ICS. Right now I'm lucky if I don't have to set my phone to Airplane mode to reset my signal every 5-10 minutes. Since I live in rural Indiana, I tether my phone for my internet but can no longer do anything data intensive because the signal drops. After going through 2 more SIM cards I'm pushing for a replacement and hoping that the move back to GB will solve my problems again.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
That's definitely not airplane mode.

Not too sure what it is actually I've never seen that, maybe it's the No signal icon

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital