Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Default Does The Droid Razr Have A Bad Signal Antenna?

Does the droid razr cdma have bad signal antenna? Because at my job I cannot get any service but other people with iphones on vzw can get service throughout the building. Now i had 3 diffrent razrs and each one the signal is bad. No signal bars no data but when I move to a certain spot I can get some service somewhat but others with Iphones etc can get a signal.

I thought all antennas was created equally

ROM
    Arctic HD

Default Re: Does The Droid Razr Have A Bad Signal Antenna?

Have no problems.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

No Problems Here Also
    DROID RAZR MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
    Does the droid razr cdma have bad signal antenna? Because at my job I cannot get any service but other people with iphones on vzw can get service throughout the building. Now i had 3 diffrent razrs and each one the signal is bad. No signal bars no data but when I move to a certain spot I can get some service somewhat but others with Iphones etc can get a signal.

I thought all antennas was created equally
    Very odd if you ask me. I've used Moto since the days of bag phones and have always had a very good signal on Verizon (Alltel prior to that).

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Now on ics I have signal fluctuation issues but on gb it was great

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

It must be a software issue because Motorola has the best cell reception and radios of any company (they were originally a radio company) so my guess is something went wrong during the upgrade process. Contact Verizon and ask them if it's a known issue in their servers or if it's isolated. If they say it's a known issue PUSH them for a replacement. They should cover it even if it isn't under warranty because it was their upgrade that messed it up!

Quote Originally Posted by clownin72 View Post
    Now on ics I have signal fluctuation issues but on gb it was great

I have had a similar experience with the upgrade. Excellent reception on GB but great fluctuations in both 4G and 3G since ICS. Not impressed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by daschneider9 View Post
    I have had a similar experience with the upgrade. Excellent reception on GB but great fluctuations in both 4G and 3G since ICS. Not impressed.
    Same here. Reception never a problem with GB, don't think I ever lost web access. It seems like it was ok for a while after switching (intentionally didn't call it an upgrade) to ICS, but now I get no-web-access errors a few times every day in locations where the signal had always been good before.

I have also been having data connection problems a lot lately after since I got a, warranty replacement Razr about a month ago. I took it into Verizon today and they pointed out that my phone was in global mode. They put it back in LTE/CDMA mode and did a hard reset and when the phone started back up it was in global mode again. Apparently new or replacement devices come in global mode for some reason and the tech said a couple other people had came in with data connection problems and their phone kept putting itself into global mode to do he said it might be an ICS bug. I never thought to check my data mode because I never change it from LTE/CDMA since Verizon took away CDMA only option with ICS. So check and make sure you phone isn't going into global mode every time you turn it on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, just to get in on this: Fluctuations in VZW signals are being experienced here on ICS when never before on GB. I also found my phone was set in global mode but a change to LTE/CDMA has not corrected the dropped signal problem. I've wondered what next step to take since local Verizon people had no answer. Anyone have a further suggestion.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

I've been getting calls that has frequent random audio clipping; I've also had my data go in an out. Verizon said its a bad SIM card and to get a replacement at the store. I don't know how a bad sim card could cause intermittent voice issues. I'm going to get a new sim card tomorrow, but its bad...like 'I'll email you my information because we can't understand each other on the phone' bad.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Just an update:

The new 4G SIM fixed my voice quality issues. The Verizon guy said a lot of BIONICs, RAZRs & S3's have been coming back needing new SIM cards....looks like Verizon needs to get it together.

There are no warnings of this happening, the only symptoms are poor voice quality and 4G that drops in and out of 3G.

ROM
    Arctic HD

It isn't Verizons fault if a sim goes bad. happens sometimes.

My Razr's been going into airplane mode a lot recently. It never happened with gb, just ics.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Arctic HD

It doesn't just go into airplane mode by itself. That's something you have to toggle..

bradenfontaine likes this.

Well something's happening haha it might be the LTE on/off app. I'll just turn that off and leave LTE on and see if it still turns airplane mode on

ROM
    Arctic HD

Does it actually show the airplane symbol or do you just lose data?

It gives a red circle with a line through it and when I hold the power button to check if airplane mode is on, it says it is. Nothing happened today though so it's probably that app

I went from having uninterrupted signal with GB to signal that has been on a slow slide to horrible since upgrading to ICS. Right now I'm lucky if I don't have to set my phone to Airplane mode to reset my signal every 5-10 minutes. Since I live in rural Indiana, I tether my phone for my internet but can no longer do anything data intensive because the signal drops. After going through 2 more SIM cards I'm pushing for a replacement and hoping that the move back to GB will solve my problems again.

ROM
    Arctic HD

That's definitely not airplane mode.

Not too sure what it is actually I've never seen that, maybe it's the No signal icon

Thanked by:

This is the same experience I'm having in rural Farmington, New Hampshire. Tether connection was fine with GB, not nearly so good with ICS. Has anyone been in touch yet with either Motorola or Google?
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    That's definitely not airplane mode.

Not too sure what it is actually I've never seen that, maybe it's the No signal icon

You are right that is the no signal icon.

Try this and see if it helps

Sent from the fingers of a madman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does The Droid Razr Have A Bad Signal Antenna?-uploadfromtaptalk1348350817247.jpg  
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Arctic HD

I guess it's a good sign that I've never seen that icon

Well my phone continued to constantly switch between 4g, 3g &1x after i took it into Verizon and they pointed out that the phone was putting itself into global mode. I did a factory data reset and that didn't help either. I went back in and they have me a new SIM card.still same problem. Finally the guy said it must have a bad antenna. Warranty replacement is coming today. 2nd warranty replacement in last month. Last RAZR stopped reading my Sim card all of a sudden. If this one has problems I am going to call Verizon and tell them to send a RAZR maxx instead for my troubles. Still kinda bitter that i paid $300 for the RAZR the day it came out and then they announced the maxx a month later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

You know that would make me a little bitter as well good luck to you and let us know how it turns out.

sent from the fingers of a madman

send me a PM if you have any questions
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast