Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: Droid Razr Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    You obviously know nothing about software development.

If you did you would know it's impossible to release something for every phone on the market without testing it first.

If you think ics is bad, try getting an untested version of jb. If you don't want to wait, then get a nexus, and get off verizon because they are always going to hold up the updates, even on a nexus device.

The reason it's so easy for Apple is because they only come out with a new phone once a year, and release a new os at the same time, so they already had time to test it on the iPhone 4/4s.

There are hundreds of phones that come out that run on Android, it would be impossible to push an update to every single phone.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Problem solved!Droid Razr Jelly Bean-iphone-5.jpgDroid Razr Jelly Bean-iphone5-billi.png
    Welcome to the world of Cell Phones and Technology- It is what it is!

ROM
    Arctic HD

Can't read what that picture says on my phone, and I'm not sure what a bedazzled iPhone case has to do with my post.

But okay:thumbup:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

I don't understand the whole dazzled iPhone case but I'm guessing it has something to do with what we were saying about iPhone users treating their devices like social statements?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock ics

If you want your phone to work buy android if you want a decorated brick buy the new ipieceocrap its the latest outdated phone on the market with 200 new features it now includes a period on the keyboard that and many features that have been on phones for 2 years now also featuring apple maps and imlost app built in so when your navigating and your are lost a magically genie will pop out of the phone and give u an android to get you to your destination lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock ics

Yes we are waiting for an update to jellybean but at least when we get an update are phones are usable after the update and dont have to wait for apples activation servers to not be down to use our phone's my bro got a iphone 4 for verizon and in the instructions in the email it said just turn it on and follow the instructions to activate it well after 2 days of jumping thru apples hoops the phone was finally usable i was getting a message saying cannot activate iphone due to apples activation servers are not responding at least with android u turn it on activate it on verizons end and it works i will never again deal with anything apple ever again i would rather wait for an android update to be fully stable before its released to my phone then to get an update imediately and then have to wait in an unknown line that can take up to 3 days to reactivate the phone for normal use

ROM
    Arctic HD

It's all because apple wants to control every aspect of the phone, activation, everything. And that is what's going to run them into the ground. Soon enough they won't be able to control everything without help

ROM
    stock ics

And with all that crap you have to go thru to get the phone working people flock to the stores and wait in line wow

Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    It's all because apple wants to control every aspect of the phone, activation, everything. And that is what's going to run them into the ground. Soon enough they won't be able to control everything without help

I agree, with their savior Jobbs in the grave no one will be there to save the sinking ship this time and personally I don't see Cook having the creative mind nor the know how in the business end that can keep a company that big afloat. I kinda hope he proves me wrong because after all competition is good and we want it but Apple needs a serious reform, better hardware and better software. They need to cut the whole "we are the boss, you control nothing" crap and realize their users are people and people want choice!
    /EndRant
    Thanked by:
    carracerz14 likes this.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Spot on. I'm sure even iphone users would love to be able to set default apps something even that simple is what makes android great in my eyes. Choice is a good thing for companies, even if it means people choose not to use something that their company created

Thanked by:
    Champion1229 likes this.

the only issue i have on my razr with ics is when having bluetooth connected in my car and in a call... if the screen goes off from being on the phone for x amount of minutes, the phone locks up for a little bit and i cant get the screen back on to hang up the call... i think thats is the ONLY issue i have that i can think of.. not a huge problem cuz i rarely gets calls when im driving
    Razr ics rooted

Default Droid Razr Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by kgk1985 View Post
    the only issue i have on my razr with ics is when having bluetooth connected in my car and in a call... if the screen goes off from being on the phone for x amount of minutes, the phone locks up for a little bit and i cant get the screen back on to hang up the call... i think thats is the ONLY issue i have that i can think of.. not a huge problem cuz i rarely gets calls when im driving
    What kind of Bluetooth device are you using? Every earpiece and speakerphone I've ever used allowed me to hang up by pressing (in some cases long-pressing) an action button on the Bluetooth device itself. No need to hang up from the phone screen . . .

The built in bluetooth in my car. Handsfree through the steering wheel. It's an 06 so it might be 1.0 and not be completely compatible with the razr, being 2.1+ or w/e

Razr ics rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    I agree, with their savior Jobbs in the grave no one will be there to save the sinking ship this time and personally I don't see Cook having the creative mind nor the know how in the business end that can keep a company that big afloat. I kinda hope he proves me wrong because after all competition is good and we want it but Apple needs a serious reform, better hardware and better software. They need to cut the whole "we are the boss, you control nothing" crap and realize their users are people and people want choice!
    /EndRant
    What about the other steve.... the wozz...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    ICS was rushed for the RAZR, IMO.

You know you're going to have to buy a new Motorola phone AND trade-in your non-Jelly Bean phone to get that $100.

In all honesty, the RAZR has to be on the list of devices that are going to get Jelly Bean.
    Ics rushed? It took a year from the announcement to our phones.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

I think Ry is stating that it was rushed because of the final product that was released. It is full of bugs and glitches that need to be fixed (speculation is going around about a bug fixer update sometime in October / November). I for one am at the mercy of the pesky signal bug that is driving me crazy! It decides it doesn't want to connect to 3G / 4G LTE or even Voice Connection forcing me to turn off / on Airplane mode and sometimes that doesn't work so I have to do restart the device. It may not seem that bad but it only seems to act up when I need my phone the most (ie when I'm tethering or when I am trying to load a big webpage) and it normally happens 1-2 times a day. I'm not even gonna get started about the battery life after the update......
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

ROM
    Arctic Hd

You know why they are starting to push stuff before every bug is worked out for, is because for an example,
    ICS rumblings for Razr??. 30,000 views with I don't remember how many comments. Its all the people that just has to have the newest latest thing. Then there are all the people that post and threatens all over the internet that your gonna drop this phone and or carrier because another phone and or carrier has x thing. Then when they finally push an update, half of the same people comes back and says why did they have to change something that wasnt broke and want to revert back to previous version.

Just my quick .02 while doing some dirty paper work.
    Thanked by 2:
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
    Ics rushed? It took a year from the announcement to our phones.

They rushed it out the door, right up to their promised deadline. But it was full of issues. Doesn't seem like the build was ready, yet Motorola and Verizon let it go live.

I hear there's an issue with full screen Flash.

And a signal issue. And people are complaining about battery life being worse.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

I have every issue listed and then some.....over the past 2 days my phone has basically turned into a 3G only device unless I want to cycle Airplane mode on / off to get 4G! Really frustrating because I use my Razr as a hotspot 50% of the day and Foxfi shuts its-self off when it loses internet connection making me have to restart the app and reconnect every 30 min or so. Thinking about calling Verizon and getting another CLN device but it seems widespread and Verizon is already pissed at me for going through 7 HTC devices since February! I guess I will just wait until the next nexus and my Razr will goto eBay along with the HD station, Case and HDMI cable! That should sell for enough to get a nexus off contract....

ROM
    Arctic HD

No way you're going to get enough to buy a new nexus off contract. You forget that the new Razrs are coming out and that's gonna drive the prices Down. Sucks that you have problems. I can't remember if you ever did a factory reset?

As for the 3g thing just go to a verizon store and try a new sim card if it still does it then it's probably your area you can see if there are any reported issues in your area or if they're doing work

Thanked by 2:
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Have a few issues on stock ICS. Funny though. After rooting and flashing a different, stable rom... I have zero issues and almost twice the battery life. Just saying.

And who is to say any other phone or carrier is not going to have issues?

Sent from the fingers of a madman
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Thanked by:
    maxman1 likes this.

I have had not noticed any issues since the ICS update back in June, except for battery drain. To be fair though,I received 4g in my area about 3 days before the update. If i toggle my phone to using just 3g i get a full days use from the phone. However 4g is horrible, so I've always assumed it was just the 4g not playing nice and not ics.

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

I have not factory reset because I simply have TOO much data on my device that I just can't lose! I basically use my phone as a flash drive at school and there are projects, movies, music, presentations, reports, you name it there is probably one or two of them on my phone /sd card. My area has a very STRONG 4G signal both on my Razr (when it decides to work) and some of my friends various devices (Samsung Stratosphere, Thunderbolt, iPhone 5, etc). It could be the sim card but the one in my device now is only a month or two old.
    I would root and rom and say heck with Verizon I'm goin Jelly Bean but I've been in a holy thermonuclear war with Verizon and their CLN / tech support department so I DON'T want to give them one single reason to complain (I read on Droid Life about the root checker thing Motorola put on this thing).

ROM
    Arctic HD

Factory reset won't wipe anything on your sd card.

ROM
    Arctic HD

If you do if from the privacy menu it give you the option to wipe the internal storage... Just hit no. I've done many wipes and haven't lost anything.

Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    I have not factory reset because I simply have TOO much data on my device that I just can't lose! I basically use my phone as a flash drive at school and there are projects, movies, music, presentations, reports, you name it there is probably one or two of them on my phone /sd card. My area has a very STRONG 4G signal both on my Razr (when it decides to work) and some of my friends various devices (Samsung Stratosphere, Thunderbolt, iPhone 5, etc). It could be the sim card but the one in my device now is only a month or two old.
    I would root and rom and say heck with Verizon I'm goin Jelly Bean but I've been in a holy thermonuclear war with Verizon and their CLN / tech support department so I DON'T want to give them one single reason to complain (I read on Droid Life about the root checker thing Motorola put on this thing).

If you were that concerned, you could pull your SD card out before doing a factory reset.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast