Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes

ROM
    Arctic HD

Default Re: Droid Razr Jelly Bean

He's talking about the internal sd card.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    He's talking about the internal sd card.

If he's using the phone as a flash drive, not sure why he would copy stuff to the internal SD card.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    Arctic HD

Well he said /sdcard not /sdcard-ext

bradenfontaine likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

My internal memory is full of games / game backups / files to transfer /and anything that doesn't fit on the external card. The external card on the other hand is slap full (all 32GB of it) with music (almost 16Gb) movies (about 8GB) and miscellaneous files consume the rest. I had to do a reset with my Rezound and I literally spent at least a day straight just trying to get my homescreen exactly the way it was and the file system back in order (I'm extremely OCD so even the directories have to be organized).

ROM
    Arctic HD

Well then I guess you're out of luck if you can't get over it for a little bit. Or you could download apex, set your screens up, backup your screens and then you'll never have to worry about setting them up again as you can just restore them

ROM
    Arctic Hd

You know you can back everything up to your PC then restore after you wipe clean. Also stated before, under the privacy setting way of doing it, you can choose to not wipe the internal storage.

Also doing a wipe after any OS update is highly recommended and has been seen to fix a lot of bugs people have had has been fixed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dumpedduce View Post
    You know you can back everything up to your PC then restore after you wipe clean. Also stated before, under the privacy setting way of doing it, you can choose to not wipe the internal storage.

Also doing a wipe after any OS update is highly recommended and has been seen to fix a lot of bugs people have had has been fixed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    I guess people would rather complain than take action.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    My internal memory is full of games / game backups / files to transfer /and anything that doesn't fit on the external card. The external card on the other hand is slap full (all 32GB of it) with music (almost 16Gb) movies (about 8GB) and miscellaneous files consume the rest. I had to do a reset with my Rezound and I literally spent at least a day straight just trying to get my homescreen exactly the way it was and the file system back in order (I'm extremely OCD so even the directories have to be organized).
    Full memory is probably one of the reasons he has so many problems with phones!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!
    Thanked by 4:
    Ry likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

So I finally took the plunge and factory reset my Droid Razr last night (I factory reset as well as I wiped the cache partition). While it hasn't been a night and day difference there is definitely somewhat of a performance and battery increase.

For anyone that needs to factory reset any Android device I recommend App Monster for backing up apps! That app saved me so much time last night trying to get all my apps back (some of my apps aren't from the play store and it even saved the APK files from those apps for easy reinstallation!). I know the Play Store is supposed to do some backup / restore process for apps but for me it has NEVER worked for me!

ROM
    Arctic Hd

Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    So I finally took the plunge and factory reset my Droid Razr last night (I factory reset as well as I wiped the cache partition). While it hasn't been a night and day difference there is definitely somewhat of a performance and battery increase.

For anyone that needs to factory reset any Android device I recommend App Monster for backing up apps! That app saved me so much time last night trying to get all my apps back (some of my apps aren't from the play store and it even saved the APK files from those apps for easy reinstallation!). I know the Play Store is supposed to do some backup / restore process for apps but for me it has NEVER worked for me!
    Glad it has helped some. A factory reset always is a good idea after a OS update to ensure everything is good to go.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  

It worked for the performance issues but I'm still having signal issues (the phone dropped all signal including 4G and voice twice today while tethering via Foxfi but I haven't had the issue with the phone idle yet so I'm thinking it has something to do with FoxFi).

Oh and I found this report about possible Droid Razr Jelly Bean update. According to this article Motorola promised the update to Droid Razr Maxx (couldn't find anything in the article about the original Droid Razr but since they're basically the same phone hardware wise I don't see why it would be any different) by the end of 2012 or else they would give out the $100 credit. I'm not sure how credible this source is however its interesting none the less! Motorola Droid Razr Maxx 4G Jelly Bean 4.1 Update | Mobile Bloom News

ROM
    Arctic HD

They don't even list sources lmao.

Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

It's now official! The Droid Rar WILL receive the Jelly Bean update sooner or later!
    https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c?utm_source

ROM
    Arctic HD

Shocker. Lmao everyone knew we would get it sooner or later. I wish they would have given us a date. :beer:

I'm thinking we'll see Jelly Bean on the DROID RAZR right around St. Patrick's Day.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

I read the forums all the time, but I finally broke down and posted, I talked to a Verizon guy yesterday, he is a total android nerd, and he looked it up for me. The 28th of December he said is the RAZR date for JB. Hope it helps. :cool

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Ball1 View Post
    I read the forums all the time, but I finally broke down and posted, I talked to a Verizon guy yesterday, he is a total android nerd, and he looked it up for me. The 28th of December he said is the RAZR date for JB. Hope it helps. :cool
    Very doubtful. I, like everyone else probably, was shocked that that one Verizon rep was right about our phones getting ICS on June 30. If moto doesn't have a time frame for jb yet, then a verizon rep is just talking out his a$$.

I just Flicked that message to you via my MAXXed out RAZR
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Ball1 View Post
    That might be the date for one of the other Razr devices they sell because Motorola just updated their website and the Droid Razr still doesn't have a date while the Razr i and newer devices are scheduled to get it in Q1 2013.
    KJ78 likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123