Droid Razr Jelly Bean

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I am perfect LOL I know your right about nothing being perfect but they do have little problems and android would have few if they would slow down and not continue to push out new phones and OS systems so often because I believe and love the android phones I have had but not the problemsjesus.png

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Google only releases new OS about once a year but the problem is getting manufacturers to update their existing phones. If google would put their foot down like Apple and make the update be pushed out day 1 to all devices we wouldn't have a problem. Its really stupid if you ask me, why does every version of android for every phone have to be tested and approved by the carrier which normally takes months while Apple can push an update with no carrier approval?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Android itself doesn't have that many problems, it's when different manufacturer's (moto, HTC, Samsung) add their skin on top of aosp.

Aosp on my nexus had very few bugs, except for the horrible signal, but that was a Samsung issue.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Google only releases new OS about once a year but the problem is getting manufacturers to update their existing phones. If google would put their foot down like Apple and make the update be pushed out day 1 to all devices we wouldn't have a problem. Its really stupid if you ask me, why does every version of android for every phone have to be tested and approved by the carrier which normally takes months while Apple can push an update with no carrier approval?

You obviously know nothing about software development.

If you did you would know it's impossible to release something for every phone on the market without testing it first.

If you think ics is bad, try getting an untested version of jb. If you don't want to wait, then get a nexus, and get off verizon because they are always going to hold up the updates, even on a nexus device.

The reason it's so easy for Apple is because they only come out with a new phone once a year, and release a new os at the same time, so they already had time to test it on the iPhone 4/4s.

There are hundreds of phones that come out that run on Android, it would be impossible to push an update to every single phone.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
You obviously know nothing about software development.

If you did you would know it's impossible to release something for every phone on the market without testing it first.

If you think ics is bad, try getting an untested version of jb. If you don't want to wait, then get a nexus, and get off verizon because they are always going to hold up the updates, even on a nexus device.

The reason it's so easy for Apple is because they only come out with a new phone once a year, and release a new os at the same time, so they already had time to test it on the iPhone 4/4s.

There are hundreds of phones that come out that run on Android, it would be impossible to push an update to every single phone.

Problem solved!iphone 5.jpgIphone5 billi.png

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Can't read what that picture says on my phone, and I'm not sure what a bedazzled iPhone case has to do with my post.

But okay:thumbup:

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the whole dazzled iPhone case but I'm guessing it has something to do with what we were saying about iPhone users treating their devices like social statements?

docgoat1987

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
If you want your phone to work buy android if you want a decorated brick buy the new ipieceocrap its the latest outdated phone on the market with 200 new features it now includes a period on the keyboard that and many features that have been on phones for 2 years now also featuring apple maps and imlost app built in so when your navigating and your are lost a magically genie will pop out of the phone and give u an android to get you to your destination lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

docgoat1987

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes we are waiting for an update to jellybean but at least when we get an update are phones are usable after the update and dont have to wait for apples activation servers to not be down to use our phone's my bro got a iphone 4 for verizon and in the instructions in the email it said just turn it on and follow the instructions to activate it well after 2 days of jumping thru apples hoops the phone was finally usable i was getting a message saying cannot activate iphone due to apples activation servers are not responding at least with android u turn it on activate it on verizons end and it works i will never again deal with anything apple ever again i would rather wait for an android update to be fully stable before its released to my phone then to get an update imediately and then have to wait in an unknown line that can take up to 3 days to reactivate the phone for normal use

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It's all because apple wants to control every aspect of the phone, activation, everything. And that is what's going to run them into the ground. Soon enough they won't be able to control everything without help

docgoat1987

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
And with all that crap you have to go thru to get the phone working people flock to the stores and wait in line wow

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
It's all because apple wants to control every aspect of the phone, activation, everything. And that is what's going to run them into the ground. Soon enough they won't be able to control everything without help

I agree, with their savior Jobbs in the grave no one will be there to save the sinking ship this time and personally I don't see Cook having the creative mind nor the know how in the business end that can keep a company that big afloat. I kinda hope he proves me wrong because after all competition is good and we want it but Apple needs a serious reform, better hardware and better software. They need to cut the whole "we are the boss, you control nothing" crap and realize their users are people and people want choice!
/EndRant

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Spot on. I'm sure even iphone users would love to be able to set default apps something even that simple is what makes android great in my eyes. Choice is a good thing for companies, even if it means people choose not to use something that their company created

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
the only issue i have on my razr with ics is when having bluetooth connected in my car and in a call... if the screen goes off from being on the phone for x amount of minutes, the phone locks up for a little bit and i cant get the screen back on to hang up the call... i think thats is the ONLY issue i have that i can think of.. not a huge problem cuz i rarely gets calls when im driving

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
the only issue i have on my razr with ics is when having bluetooth connected in my car and in a call... if the screen goes off from being on the phone for x amount of minutes, the phone locks up for a little bit and i cant get the screen back on to hang up the call... i think thats is the ONLY issue i have that i can think of.. not a huge problem cuz i rarely gets calls when im driving

What kind of Bluetooth device are you using? Every earpiece and speakerphone I've ever used allowed me to hang up by pressing (in some cases long-pressing) an action button on the Bluetooth device itself. No need to hang up from the phone screen . . .

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The built in bluetooth in my car. Handsfree through the steering wheel. It's an 06 so it might be 1.0 and not be completely compatible with the razr, being 2.1+ or w/e

caleb02

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree, with their savior Jobbs in the grave no one will be there to save the sinking ship this time and personally I don't see Cook having the creative mind nor the know how in the business end that can keep a company that big afloat. I kinda hope he proves me wrong because after all competition is good and we want it but Apple needs a serious reform, better hardware and better software. They need to cut the whole "we are the boss, you control nothing" crap and realize their users are people and people want choice!
/EndRant

What about the other steve.... the wozz...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

caleb02

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
ICS was rushed for the RAZR, IMO.

You know you're going to have to buy a new Motorola phone AND trade-in your non-Jelly Bean phone to get that $100.

In all honesty, the RAZR has to be on the list of devices that are going to get Jelly Bean.

Ics rushed? It took a year from the announcement to our phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think Ry is stating that it was rushed because of the final product that was released. It is full of bugs and glitches that need to be fixed (speculation is going around about a bug fixer update sometime in October / November). I for one am at the mercy of the pesky signal bug that is driving me crazy! It decides it doesn't want to connect to 3G / 4G LTE or even Voice Connection forcing me to turn off / on Airplane mode and sometimes that doesn't work so I have to do restart the device. It may not seem that bad but it only seems to act up when I need my phone the most (ie when I'm tethering or when I am trying to load a big webpage) and it normally happens 1-2 times a day. I'm not even gonna get started about the battery life after the update......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463