Droid Razr Jelly Bean

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You know why they are starting to push stuff before every bug is worked out for, is because for an example,
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=172760. 30,000 views with I don't remember how many comments. Its all the people that just has to have the newest latest thing. Then there are all the people that post and threatens all over the internet that your gonna drop this phone and or carrier because another phone and or carrier has x thing. Then when they finally push an update, half of the same people comes back and says why did they have to change something that wasnt broke and want to revert back to previous version.

Just my quick .02 while doing some dirty paper work.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ics rushed? It took a year from the announcement to our phones.

They rushed it out the door, right up to their promised deadline. But it was full of issues. Doesn't seem like the build was ready, yet Motorola and Verizon let it go live.

I hear there's an issue with full screen Flash.

And a signal issue. And people are complaining about battery life being worse.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have every issue listed and then some.....over the past 2 days my phone has basically turned into a 3G only device unless I want to cycle Airplane mode on / off to get 4G! Really frustrating because I use my Razr as a hotspot 50% of the day and Foxfi shuts its-self off when it loses internet connection making me have to restart the app and reconnect every 30 min or so. Thinking about calling Verizon and getting another CLN device but it seems widespread and Verizon is already pissed at me for going through 7 HTC devices since February! I guess I will just wait until the next nexus and my Razr will goto eBay along with the HD station, Case and HDMI cable! That should sell for enough to get a nexus off contract....

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
No way you're going to get enough to buy a new nexus off contract. You forget that the new Razrs are coming out and that's gonna drive the prices Down. Sucks that you have problems. I can't remember if you ever did a factory reset?

As for the 3g thing just go to a verizon store and try a new sim card if it still does it then it's probably your area you can see if there are any reported issues in your area or if they're doing work

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Have a few issues on stock ICS. Funny though. After rooting and flashing a different, stable rom... I have zero issues and almost twice the battery life. Just saying.

And who is to say any other phone or carrier is not going to have issues?

Sent from the fingers of a madman

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have had not noticed any issues since the ICS update back in June, except for battery drain. To be fair though,I received 4g in my area about 3 days before the update. If i toggle my phone to using just 3g i get a full days use from the phone. However 4g is horrible, so I've always assumed it was just the 4g not playing nice and not ics.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have not factory reset because I simply have TOO much data on my device that I just can't lose! I basically use my phone as a flash drive at school and there are projects, movies, music, presentations, reports, you name it there is probably one or two of them on my phone /sd card. My area has a very STRONG 4G signal both on my Razr (when it decides to work) and some of my friends various devices (Samsung Stratosphere, Thunderbolt, iPhone 5, etc). It could be the sim card but the one in my device now is only a month or two old.
I would root and rom and say heck with Verizon I'm goin Jelly Bean but I've been in a holy thermonuclear war with Verizon and their CLN / tech support department so I DON'T want to give them one single reason to complain (I read on Droid Life about the root checker thing Motorola put on this thing).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If you do if from the privacy menu it give you the option to wipe the internal storage... Just hit no. I've done many wipes and haven't lost anything.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have not factory reset because I simply have TOO much data on my device that I just can't lose! I basically use my phone as a flash drive at school and there are projects, movies, music, presentations, reports, you name it there is probably one or two of them on my phone /sd card. My area has a very STRONG 4G signal both on my Razr (when it decides to work) and some of my friends various devices (Samsung Stratosphere, Thunderbolt, iPhone 5, etc). It could be the sim card but the one in my device now is only a month or two old.
I would root and rom and say heck with Verizon I'm goin Jelly Bean but I've been in a holy thermonuclear war with Verizon and their CLN / tech support department so I DON'T want to give them one single reason to complain (I read on Droid Life about the root checker thing Motorola put on this thing).

If you were that concerned, you could pull your SD card out before doing a factory reset.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My internal memory is full of games / game backups / files to transfer /and anything that doesn't fit on the external card. The external card on the other hand is slap full (all 32GB of it) with music (almost 16Gb) movies (about 8GB) and miscellaneous files consume the rest. I had to do a reset with my Rezound and I literally spent at least a day straight just trying to get my homescreen exactly the way it was and the file system back in order (I'm extremely OCD so even the directories have to be organized).

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well then I guess you're out of luck if you can't get over it for a little bit. Or you could download apex, set your screens up, backup your screens and then you'll never have to worry about setting them up again as you can just restore them

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You know you can back everything up to your PC then restore after you wipe clean. Also stated before, under the privacy setting way of doing it, you can choose to not wipe the internal storage.

Also doing a wipe after any OS update is highly recommended and has been seen to fix a lot of bugs people have had has been fixed.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You know you can back everything up to your PC then restore after you wipe clean. Also stated before, under the privacy setting way of doing it, you can choose to not wipe the internal storage.

Also doing a wipe after any OS update is highly recommended and has been seen to fix a lot of bugs people have had has been fixed.

I guess people would rather complain than take action.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
My internal memory is full of games / game backups / files to transfer /and anything that doesn't fit on the external card. The external card on the other hand is slap full (all 32GB of it) with music (almost 16Gb) movies (about 8GB) and miscellaneous files consume the rest. I had to do a reset with my Rezound and I literally spent at least a day straight just trying to get my homescreen exactly the way it was and the file system back in order (I'm extremely OCD so even the directories have to be organized).

Full memory is probably one of the reasons he has so many problems with phones!

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So I finally took the plunge and factory reset my Droid Razr last night (I factory reset as well as I wiped the cache partition). While it hasn't been a night and day difference there is definitely somewhat of a performance and battery increase.

For anyone that needs to factory reset any Android device I recommend App Monster for backing up apps! That app saved me so much time last night trying to get all my apps back (some of my apps aren't from the play store and it even saved the APK files from those apps for easy reinstallation!). I know the Play Store is supposed to do some backup / restore process for apps but for me it has NEVER worked for me!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So I finally took the plunge and factory reset my Droid Razr last night (I factory reset as well as I wiped the cache partition). While it hasn't been a night and day difference there is definitely somewhat of a performance and battery increase.

For anyone that needs to factory reset any Android device I recommend App Monster for backing up apps! That app saved me so much time last night trying to get all my apps back (some of my apps aren't from the play store and it even saved the APK files from those apps for easy reinstallation!). I know the Play Store is supposed to do some backup / restore process for apps but for me it has NEVER worked for me!

Glad it has helped some. A factory reset always is a good idea after a OS update to ensure everything is good to go.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message