Partial Razr brick

efbld2f

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello. So I rooted my new Razr (standard razr, not maxx) successfully after updating to current. After a few reboots, I tried to install Arctic. I did a full system wipe, caches, et c., then installed Arctic. Then the phone wouldn't restart after the installation had seemed to complete.

After leaving it alone for about 10 minutes, I tried to turn it on (it was supposed to reboot so I was hoping it was just taking its time). It hit the first splash screen (red M and says Dual Core) for about 5 seconds and then just powers off. went in through recovery and located the Arctic file to install via zip, but now all I get is a yellow message reading "qe 1/1 -- Install /sdcard ..."

If I leave that alone for about 60 seconds, it fails and produces these messages " Finding update package..., Opening update package..., Verifying update package..., E:signature verification failed. Installation aborted."

It did this with both Arctic HD-0.10 and Eclipse v1.3. Why are these roms failing the sig check and how can I tell the phone not to verify? Is the failure due to the roms not being compatible for some reason?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Did you switch it to safe side and install the rom inside of the safestrap recovery or did you use the stock recover

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If you used safestrap and you used it correctly, go back into it and wipe data/factory reset, clear cache, and go to mounts and storage and hit format /system.

Hopefully this will help.

efbld2f

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
No. I didn't do that safe side stuff. I missed that entirely. And what if I didn't use safestrap correctly? I've rooted and flashed many phones in the past, so I've got some experience with this. What's the fix for the ICS razr?

---------- Post Merged at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Your steps didn't fix the issue - it still powers off after the initial red splash screen. And no option within recovery to navigate to format /system. Can't I just install a stock rom from the sd card or is the razr different?

---------- Post Merged at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Incidentally, I think my battery is pretty low now. Could that be having something to do with this issue? It was plugged in all night, but the Droid Razr Utility says the remote device's battery is low.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay well that's probably your problem. You always need to install on the safe side, and format /system is under mounts and storage, you are using the safestrap recovery right? When the phone powers up there should be a screen that says press menu to go to recovery or search to continue, if that doesn't come up then you didn't install the recovery.

When you installed safestrap did you go into the app and hit install recovery?

You can use matts utility 1.81 to go back to stock ics, and if you close it when it says press any button to wipe data, or close to keep it you will still have your data.

If your battery is low there is a trick to charge it in fast boot, other wise your phone will never charge.

Google search for droid razr charge in ap fastboot mode and it should come up.

Not to be rude, but next time follow the instructions more clearly and you wouldn't have a problem.

Hopefully this helps.

efbld2f

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately, after giving the fastboot charging trick three attempts and about an hour total, it still does not come off of the red M splash screen. Any ideas on why it still won't charge?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It's very tricky, people have said it's taken numerous attempts to get it right.

You have to do it exactly right to get it to work.

Just keep trying, you will know when it's right as it will go to the charging screen, just make sure you follow the instructions closely :thumbup:

efbld2f

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I rigged another battery into the razr and can work around the low battery issue.

Unfortunately, the droidrazrutility 1.6 has various failures, though now I have recovery back (I lost it for a while). And the 1.7 utility closes as soon as I "hit any key". Not sure on that one.

Now what? New rom? I am still getting the signature validation error with Eclipse.

Last edited:

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Man you just have a hard time following instructions lmao. You need droid razr utility 1.81 to work with ics the other one are way outdated

efbld2f

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I got it. Will post an explanation for anyone reading this with a similar problem. I rule. And thanks for the suggestions, Carracerz