Droid Razr 4.0.4 root

devo321

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Is it safe too root my droid razr, I heard about the root checker. I want to know if it will be safe if i ever need to return the phone? plz let me know
Thanks,
devo321

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
thats your call. mine is, and im not worried about it. with Matt's 1.8 utility a brick is almost always fixable.
+1 I've bricked my Razr trying to load ICS update .214 and Matt's 1.8 has saved me! Yaaaaa! Zedo Max had a very good video on how to root your Razr...like he says in the video, the worst that can happen is that your Razr won't root.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
What are the real benefits of rooting the Razr? FoxFi gets rid of the need for tethering....so what else? I'm not that tech savy and read online about over clocking / underclocking but on the setcpu apps on the playstore it says it requires custom kernel, can someone give me a run down of what this means?

bryann22

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Complete customization:D also backup EVERYTHING. Plus you tether for free...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You can mess with cpu speed, just make sure you don't check "set at boot" until you are positive it is stable. If its not stable and it just keeps rebooting you're screwed.

If you don't check it it will reboot and go back to the stock clock speeds:beer:

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. It would be irresponsible to try to set your cpu to an ungodly high number.

On my droid x I always increased by 300 mhz and ran it for an hour, if it was stable and not too hot I would bump it up. That's how I got it to 1.8 ghz. It was stable, but you could fry an egg on the back of the phone lmaoooo

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I just want a small boost because the Razr seems a bit laggy at 1.2ghz. I wouldn't go crazy and bump it to some absurd amount like 2.5ghz or something! lol

Would it still be eligible for Asurion replacement? I could just say I dropped it in a lake or lost the device and they wouldn't care and would never even see the device.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah insurance doesn't matter generally. They just want their money. You could always just smash it or say you lost it

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I also just found out that with root you can dual mount the SD card, would this work on the RAZR because it normally forces the SD card to be used on the computer. It doesn't even give the option for charge only.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

pp8686

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello, i just rooted my Droid RAZR. I have been trying to install a new ROM. I followed the directions on one of the threads, but it says that safestrap has to be enabled, but mine says disabled, how can i enable it?