Security Apps... What is best? And are they necessary?

caleb02

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Norton cause its like dating a lose girl that gives.it away for a large fry and.drink from.mcdonalds....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Lookout on both my Atrix & my Xoom (& my old Milestone)
Its light on the phone , it backs up all my contacts weekly (got burned by Gmail once before) & it scan my phone every week

Sent from my MZ601 using Android Central Forums

Schwermzilla

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I personally have been using AVG mobile and I have been very happy with it. doesn't use many resources and it quickly and subtly scans any new apps you install. plus it gives you all the standard anti-theft/tracking features thought AVG's website.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I personally have been using AVG mobile and I have been very happy with it. doesn't use many resources and it quickly and subtly scans any new apps you install. plus it gives you all the standard anti-theft/tracking features thought AVG's website.
I use AVG too. Haven't had to need track my phone, but has good reviews and I like the virus scanning

Norton cause its like dating a lose girl that gives.it away for a large fry and.drink from.mcdonalds....
Not sure about the mobile version, but I've heard the pc version described as a virus that protects your computer from other viruses. Never was a fan of it or any other paid anti-malware because there are many excellent free ones.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i think it helps to know exactly what it is you're downloading. read the reviews, look at the download counts, all the useful info you need to make a decision is right there...

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
i think it helps to know exactly what it is you're downloading. read the reviews, look at the download counts, all the useful info you need to make a decision is right there...

Good advice. There are also some good apps for prevention/detection of spurious apps such as "Appbrain" & "Trustgo Ad Detector".

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried a few of them: Norton, Lookout, and some others.

Then I found Avast, which works really well and I even forget about it - it doesn't affect the phone's performance at all (or at least I don't notice anything, and the CPU usage is very low).

I thought it was missing something, but then suddenly it was there: you can track your phone online via their website. Actually see the phone on the map! I needed an extra app to do that. Or pay for a pro version of another app.

Recently, I tried another SIM card in my phone. I totally forgot about Avast running. And there it was: the alarm was triggered, loud siren and fancy stuff. Worked great!

And it's free.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of anything that bogs down my system for any reason and this program certainly does just that. I will definitely be removing this app and I don't really recommend anyone else downloading it with our processor and memory it definitely does make a difference especially when installing apps it will bog the system down besides that I can't see any credible threat this app could deter as long as you have common sense that is all

sent from the fingers of a Mad Man