Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: So what is this update that my VZW Razr is downloading right now...[4.1.2 JB!]

Wowwww. good news

Default Re: So what is this update that my VZW Razr is downloading right now...[4.1.2 JB!]

Goooooood

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

A few observations: FoxFi does not seem to be working, when I try to turn on it, (or any other wireless tether app I have tried) A window pops up asking me to subscribe to Verizons Mobile Hot Spot Feature

Motocast- My Music has been removed, not a big deal for me but my wife really misses this on her phone.

I sideloaded and am experiencing the wi-fi issue. When I start the phone wi-fi is fine, but once it goes to sleep and I turn it back on, I'm getting no connectivity to wi-fi even if right next to the router. I'm running Juice Defender so I don't know if turning that off might alleviate the issue by not killing wi-fi and then having it start back up.

Also, I tried to do a restore to wipe the cache and you cannot.... it hangs with the red triangle.

This release is clearly not without it's problems so I would lend a word of caution to those thinking of upgrading.

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

its perfect here, side loaded no problem, flawless functions, better battery life too...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    bculwell88 likes this.

Thank you ; )

Quote Originally Posted by wingsnut25 View Post
    A few observations: FoxFi does not seem to be working, when I try to turn on it, (or any other wireless tether app I have tried) A window pops up asking me to subscribe to Verizons Mobile Hot Spot Feature
    I just sent an e-mail to FoxFi regarding this issue.
    Last edited by NealJ777; 12-26-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: fixed typo

ROM
    Stock

Google play is acting up since I've installed the jb update. Keeps force closing saying it stopped.. Uninstalled and reinstalled apk for version 10.10 but still isn't playing nicely. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Bradley View Post
    Its already on XDA...

Download the file from post # 1 of this thread:

12/24/12 Update x912 - xda-developers

■Copy file from above and drop on SD card (not internal storage)
    ■Power phone off
    ■Hold Power and both Volume Up and Down until boot screen appears
    ■From boot screen, scroll down to Recovery with Volume Down
    ■Press Volume Up to select it once it has been highlighted
    ■When Android and exclamation show up, press both Volumes at the same time.
    ■Then install update from external storage and find the file.

Let the update run, and enjoy.

If you are rooted you can keep root using OTA Rootkeeper.
    Before you apply the update:
    Run OTA Rootkeeper
    Click on "Protect Root"
    Click on "Temp Unroot"
    Apply the update
    Run OTA Rootkeeper again
    Click on "Restore Root"

I followed this method with my stock Razr and everything seemed fine until I tried to tether to my laptop. Before the update I could tether no problem now it says I'm not subscribed?? What gives?

Anybody know how to undo it and go back to ICS? I've also just noticed that the search button (think thats what its called looks like a magnifying glass) in the bottom right corner doesn't work. Seriously regret doing this now. Please HELP!!!
    Last edited by kb3421; 12-27-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Do we know if this will work differently than leaks? IOW, will this allow updates and upgrades in the future since it came directly from Verizon? I'm talking about the file that's been posted (the Blur-_Version 6.16.211.XT9 Zip). Any more reports on people using Wi-Fi Tether, et.al?

The search button in the right corner is now the Google Now button. Press, hold, and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackarmy View Post
    The search button in the right corner is now the Google Now button. Press, hold, and enjoy.
    Yeah....no dice....doesn't work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kb3421 View Post
    Anybody know how to undo it and go back to ICS? I've also just noticed that the search button (think thats what its called looks like a magnifying glass) in the bottom right corner doesn't work. Seriously regret doing this now. Please HELP!!!
    I've read that you can't go back or you'll brick your phone.

Press and hold the magnifying glass for a few seconds and release. You will see "Google Now"

Quote Originally Posted by teleburst View Post
    Any more reports on people using Wi-Fi Tether, et.al?
    FoxFi no longer works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Proud owner of a Moto X, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10.

Yeah, I knew about Foxfi. So I rooted and am using WiFi tether at the moment (I can still use FoxFi if I want since I haven't actually done the upgrade yet). Using WiFi Tether just to make sure that it's as reliable as FoxFi was. I've heard reports that none of the wifi tether options work. I could always fall back on the Kousch USB option if I want. I want to avoid the hotspot exploit if I can because of the potential for VZN to discover that. I'm also hoping that this wave of upgrades on Razr et. al. prompts the FoxFi people to upgrade themselves (they really didn't have much urgency to do so up until now. If anyone hears that they've done it, I hope they'll post the info here. I'm still holding off on going Jelly Bean until then. Obviously, I'll have a decision to make once the time comes if they push it for real (and I'll have to unroot at that time, of course).

ROM
    Stock

play is working again for me...

as for google now.. it works.. it works well... like realllly well. It's awesome!

Yeah, I knew about Foxfi. So I rooted and am using WiFi tether at the moment (I can still use FoxFi if I want since I haven't actually done the upgrade yet). Using WiFi Tether just to make sure that it's as reliable as FoxFi was. I've heard reports that none of the wifi tether options work. I could always fall back on the Kousch USB option if I want. I want to avoid the hotspot exploit if I can because of the potential for VZN to discover that. I'm also hoping that this wave of upgrades on Razr et. al. prompts the FoxFi people to upgrade themselves (they really didn't have much urgency to do so up until now. If anyone hears that they've done it, I hope they'll post the info here. I'm still holding off on going Jelly Bean until then. Obviously, I'll have a decision to make once the time comes if they push it for real (and I'll have to unroot at that time, of course).
    I've always tethered via USB using no app to do so. Now I can't. What app might work after the upgrade USB or wifi

I've always been able to tether but after the JB upgrade version 4.1.2 I can't. It checks my "subscription status". I complained to a "tech" and was told that tethering was not in my contract and that I could subscribe to the "hotspot" if I wanted to tether. They are only into the money.

I decided to check out Wifi Tether before I upgraded. It worked fine for a couple of days. Now it doesn't work. It thinks that I'm not rooted. I tried updating the binaries. No go. I deleted and redownloaded. Same story. I might have to try the hotspot hack. Now I'm in no particular hurry to update. I might not even update when the OTA is pushed out, unless FoxFi is verified functional under JB.. Might just stay on root and ICS.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

My gmail quit working after the update. It keeps telling me to re-validate my account. Keep trying and still get same error message.

all of my email accounts did this like when upgrading to ics. Had to use each individual app instead of stock email app. I think a FDR is the only answer

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

If I did a factory reset would I get ICS back? Anybody know?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kb3421 View Post
    If I did a factory reset would I get ICS back? Anybody know?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    No. You can't go back. You'll brick your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    ---
    Proud owner of a Moto X, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10.

I decided to check out Wifi Tether before I upgraded. It worked fine for a couple of days. Now it doesn't work. It thinks that I'm not rooted. I tried updating the binaries. No go. I deleted and redownloaded. Same story. I might have to try the hotspot hack. Now I'm in no particular hurry to update. I might not even update when the OTA is pushed out, unless FoxFi is verified functional under JB.. Might just stay on root and ICS.
    Turns out that root failed for some odd reason a couple of days after I rooted. So I rerooted and things are back to normal. We'll see if it sticks this time. Am waiting a couple of days just to see.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast