So what is this update that my VZW Razr is downloading right now...[4.1.2 JB!]

kb3421

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know how to undo it and go back to ICS? I've also just noticed that the search button (think thats what its called looks like a magnifying glass) in the bottom right corner doesn't work. Seriously regret doing this now. Please HELP!!!

Last edited:

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Do we know if this will work differently than leaks? IOW, will this allow updates and upgrades in the future since it came directly from Verizon? I'm talking about the file that's been posted (the Blur-_Version 6.16.211.XT9 Zip). Any more reports on people using Wi-Fi Tether, et.al?

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know how to undo it and go back to ICS? I've also just noticed that the search button (think thats what its called looks like a magnifying glass) in the bottom right corner doesn't work. Seriously regret doing this now. Please HELP!!!

I've read that you can't go back or you'll brick your phone.

Press and hold the magnifying glass for a few seconds and release. You will see "Google Now"

Any more reports on people using Wi-Fi Tether, et.al?

FoxFi no longer works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I knew about Foxfi. So I rooted and am using WiFi tether at the moment (I can still use FoxFi if I want since I haven't actually done the upgrade yet). Using WiFi Tether just to make sure that it's as reliable as FoxFi was. I've heard reports that none of the wifi tether options work. I could always fall back on the Kousch USB option if I want. I want to avoid the hotspot exploit if I can because of the potential for VZN to discover that. I'm also hoping that this wave of upgrades on Razr et. al. prompts the FoxFi people to upgrade themselves (they really didn't have much urgency to do so up until now. If anyone hears that they've done it, I hope they'll post the info here. I'm still holding off on going Jelly Bean until then. Obviously, I'll have a decision to make once the time comes if they push it for real (and I'll have to unroot at that time, of course).

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
play is working again for me...

as for google now.. it works.. it works well... like realllly well. It's awesome!

kb3421

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I knew about Foxfi. So I rooted and am using WiFi tether at the moment (I can still use FoxFi if I want since I haven't actually done the upgrade yet). Using WiFi Tether just to make sure that it's as reliable as FoxFi was. I've heard reports that none of the wifi tether options work. I could always fall back on the Kousch USB option if I want. I want to avoid the hotspot exploit if I can because of the potential for VZN to discover that. I'm also hoping that this wave of upgrades on Razr et. al. prompts the FoxFi people to upgrade themselves (they really didn't have much urgency to do so up until now. If anyone hears that they've done it, I hope they'll post the info here. I'm still holding off on going Jelly Bean until then. Obviously, I'll have a decision to make once the time comes if they push it for real (and I'll have to unroot at that time, of course).

I've always tethered via USB using no app to do so. Now I can't. What app might work after the upgrade USB or wifi

disneymermaid

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I've always been able to tether but after the JB upgrade version 4.1.2 I can't. It checks my "subscription status". I complained to a "tech" and was told that tethering was not in my contract and that I could subscribe to the "hotspot" if I wanted to tether. They are only into the money.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I decided to check out Wifi Tether before I upgraded. It worked fine for a couple of days. Now it doesn't work. It thinks that I'm not rooted. I tried updating the binaries. No go. I deleted and redownloaded. Same story. I might have to try the hotspot hack. Now I'm in no particular hurry to update. I might not even update when the OTA is pushed out, unless FoxFi is verified functional under JB.. Might just stay on root and ICS.

fantic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
My gmail quit working after the update. It keeps telling me to re-validate my account. Keep trying and still get same error message.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
all of my email accounts did this like when upgrading to ics. Had to use each individual app instead of stock email app. I think a FDR is the only answer

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I decided to check out Wifi Tether before I upgraded. It worked fine for a couple of days. Now it doesn't work. It thinks that I'm not rooted. I tried updating the binaries. No go. I deleted and redownloaded. Same story. I might have to try the hotspot hack. Now I'm in no particular hurry to update. I might not even update when the OTA is pushed out, unless FoxFi is verified functional under JB.. Might just stay on root and ICS.

Turns out that root failed for some odd reason a couple of days after I rooted. So I rerooted and things are back to normal. We'll see if it sticks this time. Am waiting a couple of days just to see.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Its an official build, just wasn't suppose to leak out yet.

Everything has been working great so far. All root apps still work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Turns out that root failed for some odd reason a couple of days after I rooted. So I rerooted and things are back to normal. We'll see if it sticks this time. Am waiting a couple of days just to see.

As I noted in another thread, not only did root take this time, but I was able to sideload the update and am running Jellybean IN ROOT.I simply used OTA Voodoo Rootkeeper. Easy peasy. Am using the SQL Hotspot hack to send this. The only hiccup was Google Play not working at first. A reboot and all was well on that score.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie