Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else get the JB update?

Looks like the goofed yesterday and released Jb before it was time. Anyone else get it? If not head over to Droid -life and there is a link to manually upload.
    Not sure if it's a final version, but worked fine for me and not noticing any issues.
    Merry Christmas!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Anyone else get the JB update?

Quote Originally Posted by jtwildman1 View Post
    Looks like the goofed yesterday and released Jb before it was time. Anyone else get it? If not head over to Droid -life and there is a link to manually upload.
    Not sure if it's a final version, but worked fine for me and not noticing any issues.
    Merry Christmas!

People shouldn't do it if they rely on FoxFi for hotspot (if they are still on grandfathered plan, of course). So far, it doesn't work with JB. There are other root and non-root options, but you have to filter through them to figure out what works and what doesn't work with JB and Razr. Someone better than me might want to list those options in this thread, including USB options...

Global Posts
    971 Global Posts

There are some complaints about wifi not connecting well. It looks like this release is buggy and shouldn't if you depend on everything functioning perfectly.

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

I sideloaded it and there is nothing buggy about on my Maxx - in short, it's a huge leap forward...

JE

Manually updated to JB. Not a single problem. Chrome is still buggy but ICS browser was updated and is amazing.

No wifi problems.
    SQlite hack still works for wifi tether.

I posted in the root forum how to keep root when manually updating to JB.

ROM
    Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16

after my issue with 6.14.84 ICS 4.0.3 leak back in late April and being stuck on it until Utility 1.81 was made..... well..... I have learn to NEVER AGAIN flash leaked stock roms. LOL
    If I helped you, then please hit the "Thanks" and/or "Like" button(s). I like to know I'm not just here for amusement.
    **1998** Nokia 6160 > Samsung Color VGA1000 > Samsung T209 > Samsung SGH867 Eternity > Samsung I8000 Omnia 2 > Motorola MB810 Droid X > Motorola XT912 DROID RAZR **2013**

ROM
    Arctic HD

Don't know if you can technically classify this as a "leak" as it came via OTA. Yes it may have been "leaked" by accident, but afaik the other leaks never came OTA.

I think that this build IS the final build and was released either by accident or someone decided to surprise a few of us with an early Christmas gift.

This build definitely feels solid. I personally never had any issues with ics but this should squash all the haters.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ok, been using it since Christmas Eve, and haven't had any real issues. I manually uploaded then did a factory reset just to give it a nice fresh start.
    Apps seem to open and function a little quicker. Scrolling through the screens is smoother as well. Also a few added touches you expect with JB and Google now. Battery life is the same, if not a little better, but not a huge difference.
    I really don't get hung up on OS upgrades and feel no different after this one. Nice to have, but nothing to get excited about.
    As someone mentioned earlier, foxfi does not work if you upgrade. If you use that a lot you may want to hold off. If not, I haven't found any reason to wait, seems like a solid build.

If FoxFi does not work for you, just use the SQlite hack. Still have free unlimited wifi tether.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCrisco39 View Post
    If FoxFi does not work for you, just use the SQlite hack. Still have free unlimited wifi tether.

Where would one find this hack? Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Root users only

Download SQlite from market place. Scroll down to Settings Storage (hammer and wrench)
    Settings-settings-scroll down to 79 entitlement check and change the value to 0.
    You can find a video on YouTube.

Thanked by:

I sideloaded the update and noticed that the wifi indicator in the notification bar does not accurately reflect the actual signal strength. For example, the notification icon currently shows a really poor signal. But, when I pull up the actual wifi connection and look at its properties, it shows as excellent.

I got it. Here's a screenshot of it:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone else get the JB update?-uploadfromtaptalk1357711986864.jpg