Best performance with replacement apps
On my RAZR M(NOT ROOTED) I replaced my dialer, contacts, and launcher with 3rd party apps. It seems that now I am not as efficient on RAM. I feel like it's because the stock contacts, dialer, and "homescreen" are still running in the background while I never use them.
Is there any way to disable these apps? I tried to do this in the "manage apps" but it's not even an option.
I am running "Launcher 8", "Rocket Dialer & Contacts" and "Quikpic".
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums
- 02-27-2013, 08:45 PM #2
- 02-27-2013, 11:36 PM #4
- 02-27-2013, 11:37 PM #5
- 02-28-2013, 03:06 AM #7
- 02-28-2013, 09:43 AM #8
- 249 Posts
- Unroot Stock JB 98.72.16
Re: Best performance with replacement apps
CPU/RAM is directly correlated to battery consumption. The more CPU and ram you use, the more battery you use. Background apps will only use battery when not being used for up to 3-5 minutes max until Android, like iOS, will freeze them or close them by default. I use Watchdog to monitor this usage. Warchdog will also prove that background apps use noooooooo battery. Open the app, click the 3rd tab for app list. See all those apps using 0.0% cpu/ram. Ergo those arent using battery. Just frozen by Android until you call upon them. Which leads me to this classic Jerry comment--"you dont need a damn task killer. Youll be wasting more battery killing apps by task killers by killing apps that use 0% usage than you would by just using the apps."
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
- By Bako in forum Android AppsReplies: 67Last Post: 06-15-2013, 08:26 PM
- By donatosmoosey in forum Tablet AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-10-2012, 05:28 PM
- By TropicalSammich in forum Sprint Galaxy NexusReplies: 13Last Post: 05-15-2012, 06:37 PM
- By the2ndflood in forum Android AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 10-11-2011, 06:45 PM
- By niner in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 0Last Post: 11-09-2009, 09:11 PM