1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Increasing volume option gone on alarm

I "upgraded" to JB on Friday and thought all was fine until my alarm went off this morning. I always had the "use increasing volume" option checked off so that the alarm would wake me up gently. This morning I was rudely awakened by the alarm instantly chirping at full volume. PMO!!!! Not a good way to start the week. I checked the alarm settings, and it looks like JB got rid of the increasing volume option. Seems like a small loss, but it's an important one to me. Had I known about this in advance, I would have kept ICS.

Default Re: Increasing volume option gone on alarm

Same here !!! I loved the increasing volume option !!! Why does Android 'take away' options in an upgrade??? Also, since the upgrade yesterday(March 25, 2013) I cannot connect to my home wi-fi. It appears the new upgradr(downgrade if you ask me) renders some older routers obsolete.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I downloaded an ap called alarm clock extreme which has an increasing volume option. It has more features than the one built into JB...

We shouldn't have to download an app when the existing feature worked fine as it was. There was no reason whatsoever to remove this option.

Apparently we are all mad, cuz such thing NEVER existed!

This guy here tried to convince me that i`m crazy and this alarm increasing tone never was there.
    Try to explain.
    Btw I was using Android 4.1 on HTC One, updating to 4.3 removed this feature for me.
    Cheers!