I want to love my phone again

MichaelCJ5

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Like many other people, my RAZR is all kinds of screwed up after updating to Jelly Bean. I've wiped the cache and done a factory reset, and nothing changed. I went into my Verizon store today, and basically the option they gave is to send me a refurbished phone. First off, if it's not in as good of shape as my old phone, no thank you, take it back. But will it be running ICS or JB when it comes? If it's ICS, then should I not update it, or should I take the chance and update it and hope that this one works? It will come with a 90 day warranty, so I don't want to wait to update only to find out that it's going to give me problems after the warranty expires. I'd also like to have some time with it before sending my old phone back, does anyone know how long my window is there? Has anybody else with issues found a solution through Verizon? Thanks.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
First off, if it's not in as good of shape as my old phone, no thank you, take it back.
you can keep sending them back if there are cosmetic or other issues. It will probably be in better shape as your old phone.

It will come with a 90 day warranty, so I don't want to wait to update only to find out that it's going to give me problems after the warranty expires.
I think you can add TEC to a refurbished phone. Ask.

MichaelCJ5

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
So I just had my phone connected to my PC, and I noticed some data from applications that I had uninstalled prior to factory reset. So I did it a few more times until, suddenly the phone was blazing fast, no error notifications of programs crashing, swept through the set up process, only to find all of the apps that I'd had this morning were either still there, or magically reinstalled, along with others that I hadn't installed since the first time I started with this mess. And this is after I erased the internal storage. What the heck is going on here?

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a Gmail account? More than likely you clicked on the option to automatically keep your device up to date with Google. Maybe a factory data reset and during the Setup Wizard don't set up a Google account? Log in to the Google Play and manually download only those JB apps you want. Worth a try...

MichaelCJ5

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
What I did was, I erased the internal storage through the settings menu, wiped cache and did a FR again, and other than gmail app not working for a time last night, it's worked fine all day. Now I just don't know if I should trust to take the refurbished phone that's coming, or stick it out with my current one. I guess the refurbished one will come with a little longer warranty time than what I currently have, so that might just be the better choice?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Refurbished phones look and act brand new. I have had to have phones replaced

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

MichaelCJ5

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I've never had a refurbished anything, so it's making me a little nervous. I just wonder now if it will have ICS or JB, and if I should hold off on upgrading for a while.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I had tp have my htc one x replaced last december. The first refurb came with a bad volume rocker which I sent back. The second one came and it was immaculate. I have had not a single problem with it. It came with ICS and then I updated it with JB when it became available.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums