What's with ringtones and Google contacts?

Kathryn023

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I have Gmail (both on the PC and my Android), and I religiously synch them so that if I lose my Android all would not be lost. So far so good; but I find that if I put a custom ringtone to Google contacts (or a different default ringtone for my Google contacts), after I synch with the PC I've lost all the custom ringtones and the custom default ringtone. I've looked at Gmail on the PC, and there doesn't seem to be a place anywhere there for ringtones. Am I missing something? Can I synch my Gmail from Android to PC or PC to Android and keep the custom ringtones I want? (And my apologies if this issue has been covered in the Forums; I am still relatively new to Android.)

avenged73

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
If your ring tones are on your external sd card you will lose your contact ring tone setting when you sync with your pc. Move your ring tones to your internal memory and it should keep your settings.
Ring tones don't sync with Gmail just contact pictures numbers and other info. You don't have to plug in and sync with your pc your phone does it automatically as long as sync is turned on on your Google account.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Kathryn023

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks! I moved my ringtones to the internal card and deleted them from my external card, and the ringtones I assign are still there after syncing. I am now doing the happy dance!

Posted via Android Central App

Rajdeep_442

May 16, 2015
Visit site
"If your ring tones are on your external sd card you will lose your contact ring tone setting when you sync with your pc. Move your ring tones to your internal memory and it should keep your settings.
Ring tones don't sync with Gmail just contact pictures numbers and other info ".
Very old thread but don't you think this is contradictory. On the one hand you are giving a solution how to sync ringtones and on the other you say that Ringtones don't sync with Gmail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol