Widgets and internet open up while charging and make changes or try to go to websites

Robert Wagner

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been having intermittent issues with my Droid RAZR while it is charging. It has opened up the music and started playing a song multiple times during the night while I was sleeping. I then deleted all of my music off of my phone. Then the next night while I was sleeping the phone opened the browser and tried to go to different websites. Now it has a new trick while charging. It is removing and replacing widgets on the front main menu. I have lost my dialer icon in the bottom left corner twice now. The first time it replaced my dialer with the VCast Apps icon and opened up VCast but couldn't get past the acknowledgement screen. I had difficulty removing that and had to dive way into the settings to remove it and replace with the dialer app. Recently it opened up widgets and removed the dialer app and replaced with my WiFi icon and added the VCast apps icon above and select favorite contact icon. So is there something wrong with the phone? Is it getting old and this is Motorola's way of saying upgrade to a 4G phone or else you will go crazy? This is actually a refurbished phone that I got in September because the other phone was essentially dead. Has anyone had any problems with this?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well for starters, the Razr is a 4G phone, so if you're in a 4G area and not getting it, you have something else going on. As to the problem at hand, you said this only happens when plugged in. I suspect the USB cable is bad. While I haven't let one get to this point, I do know a bad one will cause the touch sensor to go haywire while you try using it. A good way to test this is to plug it in and load a big web page and place your finger in the center of the screen. See if the page jumps around as if being erratically scrolled. Another test is if you use Swype and notice your traces are very jagged and have troubles getting it to make the intended word. Replacing the cable would be the cheapest and probably easiest route and where I'd start first. Try with a brand new one if possible because in my experience they are very fragile and not all that great for long term phone power. I've had to start buying mine in bulk since I went to Android and not having a dedicated power only cable.

Robert Wagner

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I know my phone is not 4G but it is a Droid. I got the original one in 2010. So maybe just a droid. Thanks I will do the test. I don't use Swype.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12