White Light "of Death" Deleted Pics & Music! Please Help!

akd1217

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have a first version RAZR, and the other day I came to know the while light "of death" first hand after the phone went completely dead while running a game (on charge even). After praying my phone wasn't bricked, and searching forum after forum, I finally got my phone to charge through a car charger. Ever since, I have had a few issues, and there is where I need help.

Most importantly, I have recently found my pictures to be missing, even though they were on my SD card. After initially panicking, I used a file manager and was able to see *some* of my pictures, but it seems as if the pics taken in the last 2 months or so are completely missing...no where to be found on the SD...when they should have technically been in the same folder as all of the others. Gallery won't recognise ANY of the ones I found on SD through file manager, (even after running Rescan SD) but that is a small problem compared to my completely missing photos. Although my pics are more important, I have also completely lost ALL of my music on SD: about 500 songs all have disappeared.

Any ideas? I have heard of programs like Recuva, I-Care, Dr. Fone. Do you think this should work...and if so, which do you recommend? Are there any Android apps for file recovering or only for PC. Will they recover pics as well as music?

On a side note, after having to use the car charger to kick start the charging process after white-lighting my phone, my phone won't take charge with a regular wall charger (It is the original charger that came with the phone, and the charger charges other phones fine). This has me confused also.

Ironic how this past week I had been looking into cloud storage just in case of this sort of thing. Let me know if there is a recommended one of those to use, as I will be needing one promptly. :) I will be eternally grateful to anyone who offers advice and helps me to possibly get back my pictures and music. Sorry for the novel, I wanted to explain properly, thank you in advance. --akd

Posted via Android Central App

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Check on your google account. For me it automatically backs up all the pictures and videos within minutes of taking them but I'm not sure if it requires you to have a Google+ account or not. As for the other stuff I have no idea, so far I haven't had any issues with my Razr other than a cracked screen *knock on wood*.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez