- 117 Posts
headphone jack to computer line in/microphone problem
I experience issues using a 3.5mm male to male cable connecting it from the phone's headphone jack into my laptop's microphone/line in jack!!! the phone doesn't always recognize that headphones are plugged in!!! I have to switch between line in and microphone in control panel on my computer a bunch of times before my phone recognizes the cable!!! it's not the computer's fault because microphones and other devices don't do this and on the phone there isn't a headphone icon!!! I need to do this because I use people's voices and singing for music productions this way when they are way out of state, I also record things from my Pokémon app that the Android voice speaks...
can anybody help me get this working without going though all this trouble???
- 10-16-2013, 04:27 PM #2
Re: headphone jack to computer line in/microphone problem
Do you have any problems with using actual headphones on the Razr as well? If so, make sure there isn't any lint or other debris in the phone's headphone jack. Use a damp toothpick to root around, or use a bottle of compressed air to blow it out.
If that doesn't work, compare the male-male plug head carefully with the plug from any headphone that you're certain works on y our phone. There can be some subtle differences in the contacts on plugs--some older plugs might not be compatible.
- By dankduke1 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 11-11-2013, 11:26 PM
- By Mark 42 in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 3Last Post: 10-16-2013, 06:23 PM
- By Sizzers in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-16-2013, 03:39 PM
- By Moltres_rider in forum Droid RAZRReplies: 0Last Post: 10-16-2013, 03:22 PM
- By William Hyde1 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 10-16-2013, 03:03 PM